If you had lesions on your brain MRI...

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
Starlyght24

If you had lesions on your brain MRI...

Post by Starlyght24 »

where were they located? I am still in limbo. I am having a MRI done next Wednesday for a 1 year follow up to see if there are any changes etc.

My first MRI impression read: Multiple corpus callosum, periventricular, and subcortical foci of abnormal T2 and FLAIR signal without contrast enhancement concerning for a demyelinating disorder such as MS.

I had a cervical spine MRI done a year ago too but that was normal. The doctor left it up to me a year ago if I wanted to get the LP or wait.....I decided to wait so I maybe getting that done this year too.

I was just curious to where the MS lesions normally seem to appear.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: If you had lesions on your brain MRI...

Post by jimmylegs »

corpus callosum and periventricular for mine. can't remember the rest off the top of my head though! no pun intended ;) those two areas are definitely in the mix for me though.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Starlyght24

Post by Starlyght24 »

I wonder if these are common areas for lesions to appear in MS.......so since I am having a follow up MRI next wednesday.......if more lesions appear would that give me a diagnosis? I am not sure what to expect with all of this :(
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

this is a pretty neat article, a 'pictorial essay' with lots of mri images and descriptions for comparison purposes

Lesions of the Corpus Callosum: MR Imaging and Differential Considerations in Adults and Children
http://www.ajronline.org/doi/full/10.22 ... .1.1790251
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
MSBOB
Family Elder

Post by MSBOB »

That it a neat article. Lesions suck. From what I know, the following is kind of a telltale pattern for MS, common but not exhaustive for MS. From jimmylegs' link.

Starlyght24

Post by Starlyght24 »

That was a really neat article! Thank you for sharing!!

I just had my MRI done....the tech said the radiologist will read it today......so think I am going to go up and get a copy of it later..........my doctor requested a copy of the cd so he probably wont get the results for a few days.......I am so anxious to know if there have been any changes from a year ago!!!

Will keep you posted!!