Hi all just looking for opinions! X

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.

Hi all just looking for opinions! X

Postby Samsmom1 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:51 am

I had spine and brain MRI last year which gp told me was ok. I recently went back with banding around chest and pain in ribs and saw different gp who asked if I had been for my brain scan. I knew nothing about this so he got onto my neuro. I now have to go for brain and orbits MRI but don't know why! Am feeling bit confused as to what's going on. Feeling generally low and tired balance not good and pain in ribs ever-present which gp did give me Gabapentin for. Opinions would be muchly appreciated. Xx
Samsmom1

Advertisement

Re: Hi all just looking for opinions! X

Postby jimmylegs » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:26 am

hi :) based on your symptoms and the fact that you've been given gabapentin I would be looking at your serum magnesium status, a common deficiency masked by the fact that deficiency occurs within the 'normal' range. you may also have a related vitamin d3 problem. both of these would be worth testing. the mag test is easy, just 'serum magnesium' and the d3 test is 'serum 25(OH)vitamin D3'. if you bring results, I can tell you how far you are off the targets. or you can cut and paste the link from my 'signature' below and that post contains all the nutrient target information.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Samsmom1 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Thankyou for that my doctor has never mentioned any of that so I will ask him at my next appointment.
Samsmom1

Postby jimmylegs » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:40 pm

you're welcome :) doc responses to requests for nutrient testing can vary, and I hope yours is receptive/cooperative :D once you have your results in hand (do *not* let them tell you levels are 'normal'), treatment is a whole other issue to contend with. so do come back here b/c I have heard of docs treating d3 deficiency without balancing cofactors the balancing aspect is critical, particularly if magnesium is also low.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Return to Undiagnosed