Possible MS???

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.

Possible MS???

Postby mh1987 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi all! Just for a little background: This started a couple of months ago with fatigue and blurry vision/eye pain, the symptom that made me go to the doctor was the right side of my face going numb. I have also had tingling in my hands and feet as well as weakness in my arms. My primary care doc noticed the weakness on my right side as well as delayed reflexes. She referred me to a neurologist who I just saw today. The neurologist noticed weakness as well but stated that he only wanted to do a brain scan and if that was clear then we could rule out MS and he would treat me for migraines. Does this sound logical? I have had migraines in the past (when I was 16, so ten years ago) but no head pain with any of these symptoms, so it sounds really off to me. Should I get a 2nd opinion???
mh1987

Re: Possible MS???

Postby MSandI » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi mh1987,
Welcome to this forum. Sorry to hear about your health concerns. You have found a great place to do some reading as well as ask questions. I am curious as to why your dr only wants a brain scan, and if you wonder why. That should be a question you need to ask him or her. Myself, I have lesions in my brain, neck and spine. I just wonder myself why it would only be a brain scan. You should be able to insist that a full cns mri is conducted. When my was ordered it included the full cns. Actually when the started the scan on my spine and neck, the radiologist stopped the scan and I had to stand up so he could tape gel capsules at 1 inch segments down my spine. I asked why... he said it just a better picture of the spine. Later found out by the neuro he wanted to see the distance between lesions. Ask questions... you will find some answers you seek.
Ann
MSandI
Family Member

Re: Possible MS???

Postby mh1987 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Thank you for your response MSandl, I did question him only wanting the brain scan, his response was that if the brain scan was normal it would rule out MS.
mh1987

Return to Undiagnosed