Afraid with an odd symptom. Please help?!

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
hs8904

Afraid with an odd symptom. Please help?!

Post by hs8904 »

Hello,
For the past 6 days I have an odd sensation on the outter tip of my nose. It kinda feels a tad tingly/itchy like a hair is on it or something. When I first noticed it I kept trying to brush it off, until I finally went to the bathroom and saw that nothing was there. I didn't think much of it at first, however it has been nearly a week and it is still there. I feel it most of the day, although I think about it a lot. It is not painful, and it has not moved at all. Its more annoying and anxiety provoking than anything. I have a dr. appointment for a check up next week but wanted to check in with the forum first. Does this sound like an early MS symptom?

Heres some backroung:
- 26, female, Caucasian, usually healthy.
- I had a clean MRI (with and without contrast) 8 months ago due a headache issue I was having.
- I do suffer with anxiety, particularly health anxiety. Although I had been doing better. I have been stressed due to planning a wedding in a short time span but its normal stress.
- I have never had this sensation before.

Ok forum, I am desperate for some insight here. Im so scared. Please help me!
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Afraid with an odd symptom. Please help?!

Post by ElliotB »

It could be.

I have had similar sensations in my face/nose area that come and go with episodes I have experienced. But everyone is different when it comes to MS. And the one rule is there are no rules.

Stress is a no-no regardless of your medical state/condition, and you should do your best to eliminate it or at least minimize it. Do you follow any kind of special diet? Do you exercise. Do you exercise regularly? By the way, exercise is excellent for reducing stress.

Also, keep in mind, there are hundreds of diseases the mimic the symptoms of MS. Perhaps your body is telling you to slow down a bit?

Return to “Undiagnosed”