Is this PPMS? Please help

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
Sureshved

Is this PPMS? Please help

Post by Sureshved »

Hi ,

I am 28 M and need some help regarding MS
I have been reading and listening to people who have PPMS.
And i am confused if i have it.
My case being:
I was perfectly good until the year 2003. And 2004 sleeping arms and pins and needles started, with both arms and legs. And there was some 10 percent numb feeling all over my body. And i was termed lazy for sleeping for many hours in my hostel.And also i had 10 percent loss of concentration.

And everything was progressing slowly i can say, but no disabling symptoms at all. Right now i am still active, but cognitive skills decreased by 35 percent in these 10 years, legs are bit weak, even arms. No vision problems at all.
Sensation of feeling and taste reduced by 30 percent. Reading speed and thinking speed decreased by 35 percent.
I have no problems walking, but i still feel legs are weak.

2011 i was diagonized with a very low level of Vitamin D and thin bones. Now my Vit D is in normal range.
2012 my b12 was tested by neuro doc to be at a lower range of 200. So i was given a 1 year,montly shots treatment. Pins and needles improved.

2013 i complained the less sensation of touch, so was ordered an Mri. Nothing significant was found except a small lesion in brain. Spine was clear.
2014: 1 year later the brain mri too turned normal. No lesion was found.
Used some medicine

But the symptoms i have to deal with still are, confusion, difficulty remembering, difficulty finishing tasks in time. difficulty organizing or planning. I mean slowness in any activity. And also impairment in perception of touch, i still can feel 60 percent, there is no complete numbness anywhere on my body.

All these years, i was also dealing with an irritable bowel and psoriasis.

Apart from these i donot have any disabling symptoms that i heard on the videos of PPMS patients.

Do you think that mine is a case of PPMS? My doubt is, whether the disease can be so mild and can span across so many years?10 years?

One thing i would like to add is that during these 10 years, it is myself who experienced this slow decline. None of my friends or family complained that i have shown some salient symptoms which they find to worry about.
In 2013 my boss asked if i had problems with time of completion once.

Kindly help me to understand it better.
leetz
Family Elder

Re: Is this PPMS? Please help

Post by leetz »

Hi...I don't know what to tell you beside...You would really have to see a Neurologist for further testing...Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis is different than Relapse Remitting and Secondary Progressive...You should check out the threads here and see if there is any information that might be helpful to you...I am not a Doctor...just trying to be helpful...God bless you on your journey to figure out what is going on with you...
GOD BLESS.... CCSVI treatment Dr. Siskin great doc....symptom's improved for about 3 week's (gait, balance, spasticity) now back to square 1...