my life sort of

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
jobles509

my life sort of

Post by jobles509 »

So when I turned 18 I started getting into the party lifestyle. I enjoyed my first drink. Went on my first dates. Smoked for the first time, ext. Until one day after drinking I woke up and everything looked a little different. When I looked down the street I could see multiples of everything. This gave me great anxiety back then. When I looked at street signs there were doubles, above, below, side to side, diagonal, just everywhere. Thus making it one of the worst years if my life. I went from doctor to doctor trying to figure out how in one night my vision could change so dramaticly in one evening. That was the beginning. I am now 25 and still am undiagnosed with whatever I have. Every doctor citing anxiety or even lack of knowledge. My vision problem never went away. I spend my nights after work driving home squinting. Trying to figure out which blurred street sign is the actual one, then trying to decipher what it says. I have had many symptoms over the years. Spending thousands on doctors all telling me the same things. I pray for the day one can point me in the right direction, and hoping after the years that it is not something that will duraticly shorten my life on this earth with my wife and son. No doctor has ever given me a referral to a neurologist. Even when I tell them about my twitching, shaking, bowel problems, skin sensations. Notable experiences as of this last week that brought me to this website, and put me back in my "looking for answers phase" were my left foot feels like its vibrating, and as soon as the feeling stops I have a cold feeling run down it. My left eyelid has been twitching for weeks.more notably after sneezing or blowing my nose. Before that about six months ago my scalp was twitching. It went away. But months later the eyelid thing happens. My extremities feel like they are asleep often. After more recent research I have found the Babinski and Hoffman's reflexes. I have tried both with the help of my wife. And my I do not have Babinski. But my hoffman test causes my index finger on either hand to flex. I did not come here to be torn apart by people. I'm just a guy looking for answers. And after seven years of symptoms with none, I grow weary and stressed. Is there anyone out there who can help me? Who can point me in some direction that can help me understand why I feel this way when no one else does? Thanks for your time,and I hope to hear from you soon.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: my life sort of

Post by jimmylegs »

hi and welcome :) can you tell us a little bit more about your lifestyle in general, other than 'party'? what has your diet been like? also potentially relevant, roughly how many cigarettes and/or servings of alcohol per day, on average? what's the worst case scenario? how's your activity level on the sedentary to athlete spectrum? all these things are possibly contributing factors.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Re: my life sort of

Post by lyndacarol »

jobles509 wrote:So when I turned 18 I started getting into the party lifestyle. I enjoyed my first drink. Went on my first dates. Smoked for the first time, ext. Until one day after drinking I woke up and everything looked a little different. When I looked down the street I could see multiples of everything. This gave me great anxiety back then. When I looked at street signs there were doubles, above, below, side to side, diagonal, just everywhere. Thus making it one of the worst years if my life. I went from doctor to doctor trying to figure out how in one night my vision could change so dramaticly in one evening. That was the beginning. I am now 25 and still am undiagnosed with whatever I have. Every doctor citing anxiety or even lack of knowledge. My vision problem never went away. I spend my nights after work driving home squinting. Trying to figure out which blurred street sign is the actual one, then trying to decipher what it says. I have had many symptoms over the years. Spending thousands on doctors all telling me the same things. I pray for the day one can point me in the right direction, and hoping after the years that it is not something that will duraticly shorten my life on this earth with my wife and son. No doctor has ever given me a referral to a neurologist. Even when I tell them about my twitching, shaking, bowel problems, skin sensations. Notable experiences as of this last week that brought me to this website, and put me back in my "looking for answers phase" were my left foot feels like its vibrating, and as soon as the feeling stops I have a cold feeling run down it. My left eyelid has been twitching for weeks.more notably after sneezing or blowing my nose. Before that about six months ago my scalp was twitching. It went away. But months later the eyelid thing happens. My extremities feel like they are asleep often. After more recent research I have found the Babinski and Hoffman's reflexes. I have tried both with the help of my wife. And my I do not have Babinski. But my hoffman test causes my index finger on either hand to flex. I did not come here to be torn apart by people. I'm just a guy looking for answers. And after seven years of symptoms with none, I grow weary and stressed. Is there anyone out there who can help me? Who can point me in some direction that can help me understand why I feel this way when no one else does? Thanks for your time,and I hope to hear from you soon.
Hello and welcome to ThisIsMS, jobles509.

Since you are undiagnosed with any condition, since your symptoms are consistent with a vitamin B12 deficiency, and since any person at any age can develop a B12 deficiency, I urge you to watch this 50-minute documentary featuring Sally M. Pacholok, RN, BSN, & her husband Jeffrey J. Stuart, D.O. (authors of the book, Could It Be B12? An Epidemic of Misdiagnoses); Lawrence Solomon, M.D., hematologist, Yale Medical School; Ralph Green, M.D., hematologist, UC Davis; Donald Jacobsen, PhD, Cleveland Clinic (Homocysteine Research Lab)

Diagnosing and Treating Vitamin B12 Deficiency: "Everything You Want Your Doctor to Know about Vitamin B12"

The Framingham Offspring Study suggests 40% of Americans have suboptimal B12."

By the way, alcoholic beverages depletes vitamin B12 - not good, if you are even borderline B12 deficient.

Do not take any vitamin B supplement before testing is done, as it will skew the test results. (By the way, if any tests are ordered, request and keep your own copy of any test results.) If you are found to have a vitamin B 12 deficiency, it is easily and inexpensively treated; as for MS, the cause is unknown and the "experts" have no effective treatment for MS. (The other, more likely causes of your symptoms – like B12 deficiency – have to be ruled out first before an MS diagnosis is even made.)

In my opinion, this area is the place to start your investigation.

Return to “Undiagnosed”