Pain in Sacrum - DR appt tomorrow

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
Panther123
Family Member

Pain in Sacrum - DR appt tomorrow

Post by Panther123 »

I just returned from vacation in a nice sunny location...yay.

However, during my trip I started to experience a little bit of discomfort in my sacrum. I've had a little twinge there for about two years. Nothing too serious. I initially dismissed it as related to increased physical activity. I started learning Tai Chi which has a lot of stretching motions, some in the hip, waist area. So I thought it was related to that.

However, it has gotten worse and I do not practice as much as I did. Well during vacation it started hurting a lot (near the end of my trip). I flew home Saturday and by Sunday it hurts so bad I can barely put my pants on. I almost fell this morning twice because the pain kicked in while I was walking. Not a balance issue, a pain issue.

I am getting a little nervous, specially since I have a Dr appointment tomorrow. My first to discuss symptoms. I have also been thinking about disability because I am having such a hard time functioning at work. The work part is mostly cognitive issues (lack of attention, hard to make decisions, short term memory, etc).

I am getting a little scared now. Need answers and want them ASAP. I know its not gonna be fast because there are so many tests to run. I am going to see how this appointment goes and what they order for tests. Have not told any family members yet, including my mom who has MS. I probably should tell her but I'm not looking forward to her reaction and having to deal with it. I am going to wait until after this appointment and then let my family know that something is going on, but not sure what yet.

Thanks for reading. Also has anyone else had pain like this? The pain on the bottom of my foot has decrease a lot in the past week but is still there once an a while. That was new 2 weeks ago.