Bilateral spasticity

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
m123

Bilateral spasticity

Post by m123 »

Hi all,

About a month ago I had a strange episode of feeling sort of "on clouds", a little disoriented..These have been happening on and off for a few months but this time was worse..On top of balance/dizziness issues that have also been around for about half a year. Anyhow, After last month's episode I started feeling both hams and calfs on boths sides constantly overflex everytime I move or stretch my legs (so, at night as well as during the day when I stand or move around). Very painful at times and makes standing and driving quite difficult (walking is easier but I feel pain from the overstretching of the tight muscles), though I can still function properly most of the time.
This seems exactly like flexor spasticity but on clinical examination the Neuro said he didnt see it when passively stretching my leg (said its probably very mild if it didnt show up yet). Also some very mild bladder/erection changes.
Neuro did find moderate bilateral deep tendon hyperreflexia and mild ankle clonus.
He said that due to my age (30) its most likely some sort or demyelinating disease if anything.
Sent me to an MRI in three weeks.

Im fearful it might be a spinal tumor or something of the sort (or metastasis, which is more common, being even scarier)..Also been losing weight for some time (though have had stomach issues as well).

It just seems kind of weird that the spasticity would come on so suddenly and relentlessly on both sides like that with ms, isnt it?

So, as people with longstanding ms, how many of you have had bilateral spasticity in the leg flexors? (or, the feeling of spasticity). Would it be rare to come on so suddenly? (Strange as it might sound im sort of hoping that it is ms or a related disease with all the craziness my body has been going through, and not something a lot worse).

Thanks

Michael