Need help interpreting MRI report

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.

Need help interpreting MRI report

Postby Donnajcooking » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:06 pm

Can anyone tell me what this might mean in English?? follow up isn't for 2 weeks but MRI report came today that says my spine was clear and the brain : " a few tiny scattered T2 and FLAIR hyper intense foci are seen in the subcritical greater than peri ventricular white matter favoring the frontal lobes. This is nonspecific most likely related to mild chronic microangiopathic change. Other considerations would include sequel of chronic migraines (don't have those), vasculitis, or demyelination. These lesions Re however not typical for multiple sclerosis.

The only thing I understand is the last sentence! Can anyone interpret?

Thanks!
Donnajcooking

Advertisement

Re: Need help interpreting MRI report

Postby oddity » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:32 pm

It means they found some lesions on your brain. This can mean a lot of things depending on your age and your presenting symptoms. I have the same thing. Being that I am only 46 and have some weird symptoms they had me do a spinal tap to look for abnormalities in my spinal fluid. Things like O-Bands, abnormal protein levels, etc. Mine came back normal. It's good you don't have any lesions on your spine. I'm still trying to get them to do a spinal MRI on me.
oddity
Getting to Know You...

Postby Donnajcooking » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Thanks. I am 46 too. Burning skin, numbness, weakness, twitching, tremor....all,body wide and kinda changing daily. Frustrating process!!
Donnajcooking

Postby oddity » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:42 am

You sound like me. This has been going on for me for the last 9 months. It started with upper body tremors, weakness in legs, sensitive skin in all areas, weird pains in my legs after a workout or yoga session. My main issue now is weird twitching in my calves that turn into strange jolts in all parts of my legs. I get this deep cold pain in both of my calves especially if my calves are exposed to cold. If I go to the gym and do the slightest bit of leg workout an hour later my legs are twitching and then I get this deep pain sensation in my inner thighs. While my upper body does not tremor like it did at the beginning I still feel this weird tightness in my upper back/shoulder area. All very weird. It could just be anxiety about what is going on. My neuro prescribed me Clonazapam. As soon as I take a small amount, .25mg, all these issues seem to go away. All but a bit of the pain.

The best thing I did was see a naturopath. She got me on the right track with supplements and performing the correct blood tests. Ones that my regular doctor would never have performed. You have to look at things like vitamin d levels and vitamin b levels at the cellular level. Not just serum levels. Also, high dose of good fish oil are very important. I wish I had gone to the naturopath 2 years ago. My current issues may have been abated.
oddity
Getting to Know You...

Return to Undiagnosed