Just want answers

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.

Just want answers

Postby Tntlaws » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:20 am

Not sure what's going on. For a while now I have been just unexplainably exhausted. When I try to exercise or if I exert myself my heart will feel like its gonna beat out of my chest and I get shirt if breath.
I have constant shakes (tremors) in my hands. My muscles spasm sometimes. I have severe restless leg, but its more last he restless body. It travels up my back and into my shoulders and arms.
My blood pressure has been running low.
I have a constant pulsing in my right ear. No pain just throbbing.
The testing started about 3 months ago after my 'episode'.
I started having numbness in my lips and left side if my face got numb and started twitching. I have had Bell's palsy a few times in the past and just thought it was happening again. But, as I was driving myself back home the numbness started into my left arm and I started feeling really fuzzy headed. I called my son just to let someone know what was going on and as I'm talking to him I got so confused and could not even tell him where I was. I finally pulled into a had station and he picked me up and took me to the ER. When I got to the hospital my whole mouth was clinched, I could barely talk and could not grasp a pen to sign my name. And i wad having muscle spasms. They immediately took me back, drew blood, hooked me up to EKG and then took me down for CAT scan. We all thought I was having s stroke.
Well needless to say, within the hour I was fine. CT scan was normal, blood work was fine. No more numbness, nothing!
I finally got an appointment with a neuro and had my first MRI-no contrast and everything looks normal. I still have occasional numbness in my fingers and toes, pulsing in my ear and muscle twitches when resting. I am just so confused ad to why all tests are coming back normal. I went through something very weird. I just want some answers. What is wrong with me????
Tntlaws

Advertisement

Re: Just want answers

Postby lyndacarol » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:40 am

Tntlaws wrote:Not sure what's going on. For a while now I have been just unexplainably exhausted. When I try to exercise or if I exert myself my heart will feel like its gonna beat out of my chest and I get shirt if breath.
I have constant shakes (tremors) in my hands. My muscles spasm sometimes. I have severe restless leg, but its more last he restless body. It travels up my back and into my shoulders and arms.
My blood pressure has been running low.
I have a constant pulsing in my right ear. No pain just throbbing.
The testing started about 3 months ago after my 'episode'.
I started having numbness in my lips and left side if my face got numb and started twitching. I have had Bell's palsy a few times in the past and just thought it was happening again. But, as I was driving myself back home the numbness started into my left arm and I started feeling really fuzzy headed. I called my son just to let someone know what was going on and as I'm talking to him I got so confused and could not even tell him where I was. I finally pulled into a had station and he picked me up and took me to the ER. When I got to the hospital my whole mouth was clinched, I could barely talk and could not grasp a pen to sign my name. And i wad having muscle spasms. They immediately took me back, drew blood, hooked me up to EKG and then took me down for CAT scan. We all thought I was having s stroke.
Well needless to say, within the hour I was fine. CT scan was normal, blood work was fine. No more numbness, nothing!
I finally got an appointment with a neuro and had my first MRI-no contrast and everything looks normal. I still have occasional numbness in my fingers and toes, pulsing in my ear and muscle twitches when resting. I am just so confused ad to why all tests are coming back normal. I went through something very weird. I just want some answers. What is wrong with me????
Welcome to ThisIsMS, Tntlaws. All of us are still looking for our answers. Of course, we cannot answer your final question – we can only offer our opinions and suggestions.

Your symptoms are common to many conditions. I assume your testing is ruling out, one by one, the likely causes for your symptoms.

I hope your doctor has begun by ruling out nutrient deficiencies, such as vitamin D3 deficiency and vitamin B12 deficiency. If you have had these tests, would you share the actual test number results with us – "blood work was fine" is not adequate, it is important to have the actual numbers.

If you have not had a vitamin D blood test (the "25-hydroxy D" test), call your GP (or neuro, or any other doctor you see) and request one. Over 1/2 of the world's population is deficient in vitamin D. (In my opinion, this should be the place to start.)
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Postby ElliotB » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:29 am

Did you have a MRI of both your brain AND spine?

Are you seeing a neurologist who specializes in MS?
ElliotB
Family Elder

Postby Jayman2016 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:12 pm

I'm no doc, or I wouldn't be here trying to get answers for my self but have you been seen by a doc that does lyme disease. Have been bitten by a tick recently? Any rashes or remember any rashes? lyme would cause all that and it's pretty classic to cause low bp. The test you want for that is called the western blot test, make sure it's send to the big lyme lab in calf, and make sure it's done by a lyme lit doc. Beyond that normal stuff, get your vit d checked, and b12. I've never heard of ms casuing low bp before. So I'd get the lyme thing checked out.
Jayman2016

Return to Undiagnosed