MRI Images linked - looking for knowledgeable opinions.

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
oddity
Getting to Know You...

Re: MRI Images linked - looking for knowledgeable opinions.

Post by oddity »

This could be anxiety. Maybe a good yoga class will help?
I also recommend staying away from an OPEN MRI. Due to claustrophobia I went in an OPEN .7T machine. What a mistake and waste of money. It made my brain look normal compared to the 1.7 and 3T machines I went into. If you are claustrophobic, seek out a wide bore 1.5 or 3t machine. Your doctor can prescribe you valium.
I recommend finding a good naturopath Dr. They will look at all vitamin and mineral deficiencies and give you a while whole different perspective than your regular doctor.
I hope this helps.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

Kate2 wrote:...he checked on my vital and nerologycal signs and he said you might had a vertigo. Beacuse everything looks good.
But I pushed him for MRI and he finally agreed.
All other of my blood tests came normal just my MRI was abnormal.
But both the nerolgyist and my dr balam everything on my anxiety.
It's like I am making up the story.
If you have not had a thorough physical examination, I suggest starting there. An MRI does not always give the information necessary to discover certain common problems.

If your blood tests did not include nutrient testing, ask your GP for it, starting with a vitamin D test (the "25 hydroxy D" test). Ask for your own copy of any test results – "normal" is not adequate, you need the actual numbers.

Anxiety can indeed cause symptoms, but anxiety itself can be a symptom of a separate condition, such as vitamin D deficiency and also vitamin B12 deficiency (vertigo, or dizziness, is often a symptom of B12 deficiency). Have you had testing for these 2 nutrients?
Kate2

Post by Kate2 »

Yes they were included in this test. My b12 was normal and my b6 was little higher. Beacuse I was taking b-complex pluse that has certain folic acid which is folate. My D3 was 28 even though I was taking 5000 IU of D3 it didn't change. The reason that I was taking the B-complex pluse was that I've been seeing a nathropathic dr for three mounths now at first she did some blood works including the homocysteine level. Everything came negative even homocysteine level but it was 10 and she wanted to see the number lower than 7.
So she put me in B-complex folate and my resent lab showed 6.5 homocysteine level with higher level of b6 which was 56. She told me to take 10.000D3 everyday now but it make me scared. It's to high for me.
She told me before that B vitamins don't build up in the system they can't make toxicity but my B6 was high and she said Waite for a mounth and do another blood test. Then take it every other day.
That is why I'm kind of hesitant to take high dose of D3 beacuse this one stays in the body.
So what do you think about my MRI result. My mind is not at ease with those white spots. There is another imeging that has 1.5T OPTIMA flat board 450w MRI that is open on both ends not sides.
Should I go for that. ???
Kate2

Post by Kate2 »

There is optima flat board 450w 1.5T MRI that I can go to. They told me that its open in both ends but Not from the sides.
The previous MRI did was open in both sides with 1.5T. But It was without contrast.
What should I do?
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

Kate2 wrote:Yes they were included in this test. My b12 was normal and my b6 was little higher. Beacuse I was taking b-complex pluse that has certain folic acid which is folate. My D3 was 28 even though I was taking 5000 IU of D3 it didn't change. The reason that I was taking the B-complex pluse was that I've been seeing a nathropathic dr for three mounths now at first she did some blood works including the homocysteine level. Everything came negative even homocysteine level but it was 10 and she wanted to see the number lower than 7.
So she put me in B-complex folate and my resent lab showed 6.5 homocysteine level with higher level of b6 which was 56. She told me to take 10.000D3 everyday now but it make me scared. It's to high for me.
She told me before that B vitamins don't build up in the system they can't make toxicity but my B6 was high and she said Waite for a mounth and do another blood test. Then take it every other day.
That is why I'm kind of hesitant to take high dose of D3 beacuse this one stays in the body.
So what do you think about my MRI result. My mind is not at ease with those white spots. There is another imeging that has 1.5T OPTIMA flat board 450w MRI that is open on both ends not sides.
Should I go for that. ???
Your vitamin D3 level of 28 ng/mL is frankly deficient.

Please study the website for the California-based GrassrootsHealth (http://www.GrassrootsHealth.net); their current recommendation is that the vitamin D level should be above 40 ng/mL. There are neurologists who recommend that patients with neurological symptoms should have a level between 80-100 ng/mL.

10,000 IU of vitamin D3 daily has shown NO toxicity. Unless you have an unusual sensitivity, which I would not expect with your low blood level, I do not understand why you would say 10,000 IU is too high for you. (10,000 IU sounds like a lot, but 10,000 IU equals 250 micrograms.) Some people raise the vitamin D level significantly with 5000 IU per day – other people taking the same daily 5000 IU cannot change the blood level at all; obviously, you are in the second group – you need to take in a larger daily dose in order to raise your blood level to an acceptable number. Please discuss this need to raise your vitamin D level with your doctor.

I do not feel qualified to offer any opinion on your MRI results.