Terrified and needing answers

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.

Terrified and needing answers

Postby Taylorjade1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Hey guys and girls,

I'm hoping I might be able to get some guidance from some one who has already been diagnosed whilst I wait for my Neurology appointment,

I have been to the GP and have been provided with a referral to see a Neurologist following blood tests Vitamin D tested as this can be a known cause of numbness, all clear. After the fact I was taken to emergency due to numbness and pains throughout my body, however the best they could do was put me on the waiting list for a public appointment. The waiting time is currently 18 months to 2 years.
I have been keeping a symptom diary, however last night 06/12/2016 I experienced a horrible episode which consisted of being woken with a constricted squeezing feeling around my body, it felt like my arms were going to stop working/ spastic type feeling, and I had a numbness which was not on the surface of my skin but it felt like the numbness was within my muscles. I have been experiencing pains throughout my body, specifically arms, legs, fingers, feet, toes and pain throughout my back (which I was previously receiving physiotherapy and dry needle treatment for). Please see everyday symptoms below:

- Nausea and vertigo / dizziness
- Headaches
- Tingling and burning feeling
- Hot cold feeling in arms and body
- Shivering (getting cold when it's hot)
- Weakness in limbs
- Nerve type pain in limbs
- Finger numbness
- Concentration issues
- Feeling of inability to control hands properly
- General foggy feeling
- Stomach and bowel pain
- Muscle spasms (when drifting to sleep, or sporadic twitches in random muscles)
- Anxiety

Some of the symptoms have been ongoing for a long period of time (headaches, vertigo, foggy feeling, bowel issues) The pains and numbness are a new sensation appearing in only the last few weeks and the squeezing feeling in only the last couple of days,

It's becoming unbearable, I'm told I might need to wait up to a month for a private neurologist.

I am finding it very debilitating and would like to know that nothing severe or detrimental is going to happen leading up to my appointment date.

GP's wont see me as they say I need to be assessed by a Neurologist.

Any insight or information would be greatly appreciated in helping me get through the next month or so.

Thank you in advance!
Taylorjade1

Advertisement

Re: Terrified and needing answers

Postby Scott1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:45 pm

I don't know what country you are in but that is a terrible response from an emergency department. Do you have a regular doctor and what treatment have you been offered by that person?

Regards,
Scott1
Family Elder

Postby Taylorjade1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:23 pm

Scott1 wrote:I don't know what country you are in but that is a terrible response from an emergency department. Do you have a regular doctor and what treatment have you been offered by that person?

Regards,

Thank you for the response Scott,

I am located in Australia, our emergency department is extremely picky, they will only allow for extensive testing (MRI, CT) if it seems to be a life or death situation. All public treatment that is 'non life-threatening' is placed on a 1-2 year waiting list, or you have the option to go private, which generally means waiting a month or two and paying huge amounts for private diagnosis and treatments.

I have yet to be offered any treatment from the GP I have seen until I have been seen / diagnosed by a Neurologist. They only offered blood tests (which returned clear) and provided me with a written referral, then sent me on my way.

Extremely frustrating as you can imagine :-|
Taylorjade1

Postby Scott1 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:11 am

Hi,

I'm in Melbourne. Send me a private message if you want to talk about it.

Regards,
Scott1
Family Elder

Return to Undiagnosed