I Think I Have MS. Please Help

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
John734

I Think I Have MS. Please Help

Post by John734 »

I don't know where to start. I am a 20 year old male. I have never been diagnosed with anything other than viruses, the odd flu and low blood pressure attacks. However I have symptoms that have gotten worse over the years. Initially they started off as infrequent migraines sometimes accompanied with visual disturbances and slight tinnitus (ringing in the ears). However my migraines have gotten worse to the point that they are causing other symptoms. My symptoms currently include:

- Migraines (more than 8 - 15 per month)
- Tinnitus
- Fluctuating hearing (some days my hearing is compromised in one ear then improves)
- Sudden hearing loss episodes accompanied with a low pich ringing sound (these last 10 - 60 seconds)
- Episodes of seeing green faint tunnel like spiral patterns in my vision when it is dark though it goes away after around 30 minutes. The green spirals start in my central vision then move out into my peripheral vision like I am moving through a green tunnel. This occurs every 5 seconds during an episode.
- Mental confusion/mind blanks (someone asked me what university I attend and it took me 5 seconds to remember)
- Worsening fatigue
- Sudden vertigo attacks with and without migraines
- Tingling in my feet when going to bed
- Episodes of lightheadness (cardiologist diagnosed me with vasovagal attacks. Was prescribed a stimulant to prevent drops in blood pressure)
- Dim vision in my left eye that comes and goes
- Floaters in my eyes

- I have had blood tests which have come back normal

All these symptoms come and go without any predictability. Some days I'll feel fine then they all return. They are becoming more frequent as time goes by. Are these symptoms suggestive of MS?
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: I Think I Have MS. Please Help

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

I think you should investigate the diagnosis you have been given before looking for another one. Do a tilt table test and wear a holter monitor for 24 hours to quantify the extent of your vasovagal syncope.

Read more about the symptoms that present with that condition and see how they fit with what you have described. Become an expert with that before worrying about MS.

Regards,
John734

Post by John734 »

I've had 24 holter monitor testing done which revealed multiple PVC's and PAC's, 2x 12 lead ECG, echocardiogram, stress test and a tilt table test which showed a drop in blood pressure when upright and an abnormal spike in heart rate when going from a surpine position to an upright position. The cardiologist favored dysautonomia and prescribed a vasoconstriction agent alongside a beta blocker for the tachycardia. However I'm sure I have MS and need to get diagnosed and treated for it. My symptoms are very concerning.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

I have MS and ,from what you have described, I doubt you do. All of us have to deal with the hand we are dealt. Even if you had MS you don't want these issues confusing the picture. Accept the diagnosis and get that sorted first. You will never differentiate what is due to what otherwise. Failing to deal with the symptoms you can see is a recipe for chaotic issues if anything else comes into play. If you're desperate for an MS diagnosis get an MRI or a lumber puncture and resolve the issue.

Many people with MS have problems vasodilating and that is not an issue for you.

Regards,
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi john welcome to the forum; so that you know, i am a 'pursuit of health' person. that approach can help you make sure the docs are looking at real disease processes as they work on your case, not potentially reversible side effects of habits that could be adjusted. (at one time i had neurological things going on that were reversible, but i didn't take things seriously enough soon enough, and now there is permanent spinal cord damage to deal with)
here's a list of recent topics i had posted, including specific symptoms you list above; if anything in there looks like something to potentially follow up on, we could discuss further
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/search.ph ... mit=Search
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.

Return to “Undiagnosed”