PRMS and PPMS symptoms

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.

PRMS and PPMS symptoms

Postby MSyborg » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:09 am

What are the symptoms for Progressive-Relapsing MS & Primary-Progressive MS? I know each symptoms are different for everyone, but from what I've read, PPMS & PRMS seems to have some consistent patterns of symptoms.
MSyborg
Family Member

Advertisement

Re: PRMS and PPMS symptoms

Postby NHE » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:20 pm

MSyborg wrote:What are the symptoms for Progressive-Relapsing MS & Primary-Progressive MS? I know each symptoms are different for everyone, but from what I've read, PPMS & PRMS seems to have some consistent patterns of symptoms.

See the chart below. Primary progressive is like secondary progressive, but without the relapse remitting stage proceeding it. I presume that progressive relapsing is like primary progressive, but has distinct relapses.

NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Snoopy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:55 am

What makes the difference between types of MS is not symptoms, as any of us can experience the same symptoms, but the way the disease behaves. Refer to chart put up by NHE.
Snoopy
Family Elder

Postby MSyborg » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:22 pm

Do patients with these types of MS have most symptoms than those with SPMS & RRMS?
MSyborg
Family Member

Postby Snoopy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:52 am

MSyborg wrote:Do patients with these types of MS have most symptoms than those with SPMS & RRMS?

No...
Snoopy
Family Elder

Return to Undiagnosed