Please help!

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.

Please help!

Postby Vcon22 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:02 pm

August of last year I was 8 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby and experienced complete paralysis of my right arm and leg for 72 hours. Was hospitalized and they ruled out a stroke. At that time, the MRI did not show any lesions. Since they couldn't do a lot of testing they said it was stres and hemiplegic migraines (do not always have a migraine during an attack) I continued to have bouts of paralysis for the rest of my pregnancy. Probably happened at least 2x a month. After her birth, I have experienced weakness in my right side almost constantly and some days it's so bad to where I can not even write! I also experience numbness and tingling in my spine as well as having many dizzy spells. I forget about things so quickly and am completely exhausted by 2pm and almost fall asleep at work. I'm on Zoloft to help control the "stress" that causes my paralysis ( I think it's ms) what do you guys think? I'm so confused and frustrated. Want answers!
Vcon22

Advertisement

Re: Please help!

Postby californiadreamin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:06 pm

MS is a possibility as far as I can tell. MS is diagnosed by ruling out other things, but its not always the case you will see ligions on an MRI. However, based on what you said so far, I personally think you should push for another MRI, with and without contrast. Unpleasant as it is, a lumbar puncture will probably be required to know as well. In May of this year a blood test is coming out for may that is about 90% accurate as well.

My wife was diagnosed last year and we follow OMS (overcomingms.org). The lifestyle change there is a good one and is only beneficial. You have little to lose and much to gain by making some of these changes and you might consider proactively reading through the book or the website.

Have you had all your vitamin levels checked? D, B12?
californiadreamin

Re: Please help!

Postby Scott1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:12 pm

Hi,

Apart from the MRI, what other tests have you had?

Whether it's MS or not is just conjecture but obviously you have had an event of some kind. Who are you consulting for advice at this stage and what do they actually tell you?

Regards,
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Return to Undiagnosed