Don't know anymore

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.

Re: Don't know anymore

Postby MnRdunck » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:28 pm

The pain was my lower back pain getting more painful than anything I have ever experienced. Not a cramp or spasm but more neurological and bone. It also effected my whole body, like amplifying everywhere I hurt and the nerve pain extended to my brain. Oh it gave me a migraine both days that I had to take care of but, no brain pain does not mean headache at all. It means that there was oh how to describe it ... it was like the neurons in my brain firing pain, almost like a metal dish scrubber had vigorously scrubbed a bare spot onto the top of my brain and a million electrified needles were then inserted into my brain. It was located in the front top of my head more to the hairline. That I think best describes brain pain for me.
MnRdunck
Family Member

Advertisement

Postby jimmylegs » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:52 pm

well that sounds horrifying and completely outside my experience for sure. except for lower back pain and migraine for which i personally would again be curious as to the status of a couple of nutrients. either way, i'd be getting those couple of things optimized first to make absolutely sure nutritional issues are not muddying the picture for the docs.
odd sx? no dx? check w/ dietitian
DRI=MINIMUM eg bit.ly/1vgQclQ
99% don't meet these. meds/lifestyle can affect levels
status can be low in ms & other cond'ns
'but my results are normal'. typical panels don't test all
deficits occur in 'normal' range
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby MnRdunck » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:59 am

I guess I am grasping at straws but let me take one more chance to explain what happened. For sake of argument we will say that your knee pain is usually a 6 and the rest of your body is a 5. Now Monday your knee is a 7 and your body is a 6. By Wednesday your knee is an absolute 10 which would make your body a 9. You are now convinced that your days of walking are over. Friday you wake up ans all your pain is reset, your knee is back to a 6 and the rest of you back to a 5.

I think electrical in my explanation was throwing you off. That is just how I feel my "Normal" pain. I do not know that is a the symptom that you should focus on in all this, thing that happened. I hope you will respond one last time.

Best Regards.
MnRdunck
Family Member

Postby jimmylegs » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:55 am

yeah i don't have anything to contribute unfortunately. it sounds like breakthrough pain against the backdrop of chronic pain, but that's only supposed to last minutes not days. i have no idea. i would definitely be taking a very hard look at a few nutrients but that would be on the chronic pain part of the equation not the breakthrough piece. other online sources describing breakthrough pain are talking about gaps in medication for the background chronic pain, but i'm assuming you would know that was the problem if you'd missed a regular dose of morphine. one thing i've heard about addictive pain killers is that the body can manufacture pain in order to get more of the med. but i am right out of my depth when talking about meds in general. i only know a bit about a handful of nutrients.
odd sx? no dx? check w/ dietitian
DRI=MINIMUM eg bit.ly/1vgQclQ
99% don't meet these. meds/lifestyle can affect levels
status can be low in ms & other cond'ns
'but my results are normal'. typical panels don't test all
deficits occur in 'normal' range
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Previous

Return to Undiagnosed