Page 4 of 8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:47 pm
by Blaze
In an update to members of www.angioplastyforall.com which Tim Donovan sent today, he said Patrick told him Barb is now writing on her own.

As Tim said "Go Barb Go!"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:01 pm
by garyak
This makes my day cause I'm not having a good week. Sept 20th is my day.

Go Barb

the Liberation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:16 pm
by 1eye
Liberation - after Chicago by Graham Nash
New lyrics by Chris Sullivan, Aug. 2010


Brother's bound, and sister's gagged.
Veins have chained them to a chair.
Won't you leave some Liberation, just to sing?

In a land that's known as Freedom, how can such a thing be fair?
Won't you please do Liberation, for the help that you can bring?

We can change the world, rearrange the world.
They're dying - to get better.

Politicians sit yourselves down, there's nothing for you here.
Won't you please give Liberation, for a ride?

Don't ask jack to help you, 'cause he'll turn the other ear.
Won't you keep on Liberating, or else join the other side?

We can change the world, rearrange the world.
(They're dying.) If you believe in justice,
(They're dying.) and if you believe in freedom,
(They're dying.) let them all live their own life.
(They're dying.) Rules and regulations, who needs them? Open up the door.

Somehow people must be free, I hope the day comes soon.
Please allow them Liberation. Show your face.
From the bottom of the ocean to the mountains of the moon,
Won't you give us Liberation? No one else can take your place.

We can change the world, rearrange the world.
(We're dying.) If you believe in justice,
(We're dying.) and if you believe in freedom,
(We're dying.) let us all live our own life.
(We're dying.) Rules and regulations, who needs them? Open up the door.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:03 pm
by elyse_peace
1eye -
thanks for the theme song! :)
something to hum along to while we wait for freedom.
elyse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:02 pm
by PCakes
Blaze wrote:In an update to members of www.angioplastyforall.com which Tim Donovan sent today, he said Patrick told him Barb is now writing on her own.


This is the kind of news that can take your breath away.. Blaze, thank you for the update.

Denial of this treatment is unconscionable. It is inhuman. It is criminal.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:01 am
by erinc14
Denial of this treatment is unconscionable. It is inhuman. It is criminal.
:!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:48 pm
by silverbirch
Bump

Any one heard how Barb Farrell is ?

silver

Re: the Liberation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:32 pm
by scorpion
1eye wrote:Liberation - after Chicago by Graham Nash
New lyrics by Chris Sullivan, Aug. 2010


Brother's bound, and sister's gagged.
Veins have chained them to a chair.
Won't you leave some Liberation, just to sing?

In a land that's known as Freedom, how can such a thing be fair?
Won't you please do Liberation, for the help that you can bring?

We can change the world, rearrange the world.
They're dying - to get better.

Politicians sit yourselves down, there's nothing for you here.
Won't you please give Liberation, for a ride?

Don't ask jack to help you, 'cause he'll turn the other ear.
Won't you keep on Liberating, or else join the other side?

We can change the world, rearrange the world.
(They're dying.) If you believe in justice,
(They're dying.) and if you believe in freedom,
(They're dying.) let them all live their own life.
(They're dying.) Rules and regulations, who needs them? Open up the door.

Somehow people must be free, I hope the day comes soon.
Please allow them Liberation. Show your face.
From the bottom of the ocean to the mountains of the moon,
Won't you give us Liberation? No one else can take your place.

We can change the world, rearrange the world.
(We're dying.) If you believe in justice,
(We're dying.) and if you believe in freedom,
(We're dying.) let us all live our own life.
(We're dying.) Rules and regulations, who needs them? Open up the door.


Although it has catchy lyrics and it might get people fired up it should not replace what we truly need which is clinical trials that validate CCSVI.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:57 pm
by garyak
scorpion, unlike you some of us actually have a sense of humor. These lyrics weren't meant to replace anything. I'm also a caring guy and want to know how Barb is doing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:52 am
by scorpion
garyak wrote:scorpion, unlike you some of us actually have a sense of humor. These lyrics weren't meant to replace anything. I'm also a caring guy and want to know how Barb is doing.


Garyak one reason CCSVI has become such a hot topic is because of the hype built up around it shortly after Zamboni's results were released. Although one would expect people with MS to hope that his results had some meaning for us, the amount of fervor over his study was way out of proportion with the amount of proof we had that CCSVI actually existed. Of course it may change in the future but at this point THERE IS NO SOLID PROOF THAT THE VASCULAR SYSTEM PLAYS ANY ROLE in the development or progression of ms. I said nothing in my post about Barb so I have no clue whaqt the caring guy comment was all about.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:05 am
by LivabirdsHubbie
scorpion wrote:
garyak wrote: I said nothing in my post about Barb so I have no clue whaqt the caring guy comment was all about.


All this topic is about how Barb is doing, might not be my place but can we stick to this and see how Barb is doing....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:15 am
by scorpion
LivabirdsHubbie wrote:
scorpion wrote:
garyak wrote: I said nothing in my post about Barb so I have no clue whaqt the caring guy comment was all about.


All this topic is about how Barb is doing, might not be my place but can we stick to this and see how Barb is doing....


Ok but getting off topic never seems to matter until there is a comment posted that does follow the "party line". I am glad Barb is doing well and I hope she continues to feel better.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:31 pm
by Hope66
scorpion wrote:
LivabirdsHubbie wrote:
scorpion wrote:
garyak wrote: I said nothing in my post about Barb so I have no clue whaqt the caring guy comment was all about.


All this topic is about how Barb is doing, might not be my place but can we stick to this and see how Barb is doing....


Ok but getting off topic never seems to matter until there is a comment posted that does follow the "party line". I am glad Barb is doing well and I hope she continues to feel better.


Okay, I don't post here often, and maybe it's just my frame of mind at the moment, but geez, scorpion.

From what I remember from the posts of yours that I've read, generally speaking, all things pro CCSVI posted on this dedicated CCSVI thread are conspiracy theories lacking scientific evidence. And then there is this post from you which posits a conspiracy against anyone who does not "follow the party line."

This begs the question, who's into conspiracy theories here?

I don't mean to be combative, and there are times that I do appreciate your input scorpion, but for the most part, you just seem to jump in to offer very short, on-off perjoratives that somehow seem intent on diminishing other posters thoughts or opinions.

My apologies for further interupting this thead.

I too hope Barb Farrell is doing spectacularly well.

be well alll,
Hope

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:24 pm
by MaggieMae
I too have been wondering how Barb is doing. Anyone know?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:59 pm
by Cece
I haven't seen anything lately.

It has been said that Dr. Siskin did her procedure, I think the results of that procedure (she started with a do-not-rescustitate order, she regained the ability to speak and write and sit up) are a testament to Dr. Siskin's skill.