HUMIDITY

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
BUCK

HUMIDITY

Post by BUCK » 9 years ago

I can't find another thread on here about the effects of humidity on MS. What I'm after is what is the optimum range for your house to be? I heard around 50% but I cannot confirm this. Also if too much humidity is bad then how is it that the rates of MS are higher in colder drier countries?

kc
Family Elder

Post by kc » 9 years ago

All I know if that high humidity makes me wilt like a flower. Even after I take a shower I have to wait a little to get my mind back.

Is humidity a vasocontrictor?

It is nice to hear reports of people doing better with this after being liberated.

kc

L
Family Elder

Re: HUMIDITY

Post by L » 9 years ago

BUCK wrote:I can't find another thread on here about the effects of humidity on MS. What I'm after is what is the optimum range for your house to be? I heard around 50% but I cannot confirm this. Also if too much humidity is bad then how is it that the rates of MS are higher in colder drier countries?
I monitored my symptoms and relative humidity. The results are detailed here:
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-5857-humidity.html

I now live in a much less humid place (for some reason my old flat, though only a couple of miles away, was everso humid) and I don't notice the humidity so much now. A really humid day is still a bad day though..