Barb Farrell update

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
User avatar
lovebug
Family Elder
Posts: 177
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Canada
Contact:

Movie?????

Post by lovebug » 8 years ago

Is ther possibly a movie/documentary that is being made on the Barb Farrell story?

Cece
Family Elder
Posts: 9313
Joined: 9 years ago
Contact:

Re: Incredible

Post by Cece » 8 years ago

sbr487 wrote:1eye and cece can do magic with words. Hope they will oblige ...
You are kind. :)

Last June I believe the Farrells were surprised that without signing up for it they'd become such a lightning rod and emotional touchpoint for our CCSVI movement as a whole. Any presentation of their story, which is an incredible and affecting story, would need to be done with their cooperation. Patrick Farrell has posted on Facebook, it is where I'd suggest hh contact him with this idea.

I was thinking about the high points and, sadly, low points of the CCSVI movement so far. Barb's treatment and turnaround is definitely one of the high points.

User avatar
lovebug
Family Elder
Posts: 177
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Canada
Contact:

Possible Movie??

Post by lovebug » 8 years ago

I am sure that any `potential` movie about Barb Farrell`s life especially in the past few months will bring most people to tears. No make that sobs! It just might make the folks that believe that CCSVI is really nothing stand up and pay attention, finally........... Maybe even get the ball rolling with testing and surgery available to the rest of Canadians. Imagine the possibilities..............

User avatar
garyak
Family Elder
Posts: 314
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: grande prairie , alberta,canada
Contact:

Post by garyak » 8 years ago

The story would arm the masses with sympathy and support for ccsvi .

User avatar
sbr487
Family Elder
Posts: 865
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: India
Contact:

Re: Incredible

Post by sbr487 » 8 years ago

hh wrote:
Gordon wrote:THIS SHOULD BE DOCUMENTED IN GREAT DETAIL
All my love to Barb and family. Thrilled to hear such miraculous news! Could you please write a more descriptive story of Bar's medical hardship's and improvements. I'd like to share this with my favorite Congressman here in the USA to help further document CCSVI and it's story. I promise he is the most couragous and heartfelt representative. I also hope this will help Canada's effort to approve treatment. Please write a concise 1 page document. Sound doable? Thank you for your invaluable participation. Much love, hope and hopeful action! Thank you! If anyone else can put me in touch with the Farrell family, don't hesitate to phone me. Very grateful and many, many thanks!
hh, can you contact Pat Farrel on FB?
or Christopher A who seems to know them quite closely?

Let me know if you would me to contact them on your behalf.
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck

User avatar
MS_HOPE
Family Elder
Posts: 133
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: North Carolina, USA
Contact:

Film about Barb Farrell?

Post by MS_HOPE » 8 years ago

Perhaps a project for the CCSVI Alliance to spearhead? What a wealth of CCSVI and MS knowledge, talent, compassion, California (filmmaker?) connections, musical prowess, etc. in that wonderful group!

Of course, only with the Farrells' complete agreement and support.

One can dream....
CCSVI:  Making Sense of MS

Cece
Family Elder
Posts: 9313
Joined: 9 years ago
Contact:

Re: Film about Barb Farrell?

Post by Cece » 8 years ago

MS_HOPE wrote:Perhaps a project for the CCSVI Alliance to spearhead? What a wealth of CCSVI and MS knowledge, talent, compassion, California (filmmaker?) connections, musical prowess, etc. in that wonderful group!

Of course, only with the Farrells' complete agreement and support.

One can dream....
This is a great idea. Even something reasonably small, to be posted on the ccsvi.org webpage. We all know about her story, but watching it would be powerful stuff, and there are many who do not know the full story.

Again though this may not be at all what the family wants in terms of privacy.

1eye twisted the emotional knife, in what he compiled of the Farrell's story, by contrasting it with the story of the lady who posted in drsclafani's thread, who had been recently divorced and was entering a nursing home despite her young age and was seeking the venoplasty treatment. But no doctors were openly treating at that time and sadly she passed away, of complications of MS.

User avatar
Interrupted
Family Elder
Posts: 240
Joined: 12 years ago
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Film about Barb Farrell?

Post by Interrupted » 8 years ago

Cece wrote:This is a great idea. Even something reasonably small, to be posted on the ccsvi.org webpage. We all know about her story, but watching it would be powerful stuff, and there are many who do not know the full story.
+1! (if Barb and family were happy to) :-)
28/07/10, 04/10/10, 16/11/10 - CCSVi Dopplers x3 ** 12/10/10 - Poland procedure. Symptoms worsened. No improvement.
13/02/12 - Wheldon ABX protocol for 1.5yrs. Fairly stable but no improvement. Unable to source alternate ABX needed.

User avatar
hh
Getting to Know You...
Posts: 10
Joined: 8 years ago
Contact:

Re: Film about Barb Farrell?

Post by hh » 8 years ago

Interrupted wrote:
Cece wrote:This is a great idea. Even something reasonably small, to be posted on the ccsvi.org webpage. We all know about her story, but watching it would be powerful stuff, and there are many who do not know the full story.
Can we please do this in a coordination fashion? Write the print version first and then the video version, or at least at the sametime. Most effective when trying to make a valuable point to the Congress here in the USA.

I understand Cece and 1eye are great editors. Would you mind working with the Farrell family and me to tell this story accurately? I'm waiting to get in touch with the family by sbrxxx? (sorry need to take notes). So then we can all work together to make this happen? I'll very much appreciate the cooperation and talent here to make this into a more visible document! Hope you all agree, using Cece and 1eye, Farrell and my participation.

(I'm an MSer, 15 years with M-T and alot of other symptoms. Had the procedure twice, due for a third and maybe again.)

Look forward to more conversation.

User avatar
sbr487
Family Elder
Posts: 865
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: India
Contact:

Re: Film about Barb Farrell?

Post by sbr487 » 8 years ago

hh wrote:
Interrupted wrote:
Cece wrote:This is a great idea. Even something reasonably small, to be posted on the ccsvi.org webpage. We all know about her story, but watching it would be powerful stuff, and there are many who do not know the full story.
Can we please do this in a coordination fashion? Write the print version first and then the video version, or at least at the sametime. Most effective when trying to make a valuable point to the Congress here in the USA.

I understand Cece and 1eye are great editors. Would you mind working with the Farrell family and me to tell this story accurately? I'm waiting to get in touch with the family by sbrxxx? (sorry need to take notes). So then we can all work together to make this happen? I'll very much appreciate the cooperation and talent here to make this into a more visible document! Hope you all agree, using Cece and 1eye, Farrell and my participation.

(I'm an MSer, 15 years with M-T and alot of other symptoms. Had the procedure twice, due for a third and maybe again.)

Look forward to more conversation.
hh, sent you a PM ... here is the link to article on Barb ... this can be a good starting point ...

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/Articl ... ?e=2636983
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck

User avatar
hh
Getting to Know You...
Posts: 10
Joined: 8 years ago
Contact:

Re: Film about Barb Farrell?

Post by hh » 8 years ago

hh, sent you a PM ... here is the link to article on Barb ... this can be a good starting point ...

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/Articl ... ?e=2636983[/quote]

Thank you sbr487. Much, much appreciated. Nice story. Liked what cheerleader wrote, just wanted to expand the story-- before hardships and improvements being witnessed today. Hoping Farrell's will work with the story writing. With Cece, 1eye and me. :) Next steps needed to put us in line. Thank you profusely for this great effort. Look forward to hearing back. Cece/1eye are you in? Hope so. Lovingly, hh

Cece
Family Elder
Posts: 9313
Joined: 9 years ago
Contact:

Post by Cece » 8 years ago

I'd be happy to look over anything that you or 1eye write up and see if I can add to it. Let's hear what the Farrells say first. I think the cart may be getting ahead of the horse; my impression has been that they value their privacy.

User avatar
hh
Getting to Know You...
Posts: 10
Joined: 8 years ago
Contact:

Post by hh » 8 years ago

Cece wrote:I'd be happy to look over anything that you or 1eye write up and see if I can add to it. Let's hear what the Farrells say first. I think the cart may be getting ahead of the horse; my impression has been that they value their privacy.
Yes, waiting for their approval. Most important. Hoping that comes soon. My letter is done (the Congressman is my dear friend), just need this to add to it. I'll need your's and 1eye's writing skills (if you will) and Farrell's approval. hoping. many thanks.[/i]

User avatar
cheerleader
Family Elder
Posts: 5359
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: southern California
Been thanked: 1 time

Post by cheerleader » 8 years ago

Here's the latest news article on Barb--
she's glad to be home....

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/Articl ... &e=2844114
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com

User avatar
Rose2
Family Elder
Posts: 274
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: SF area
Contact:

Post by Rose2 » 8 years ago

Thank you Joan for posting the link. I think of her daily. Rose :)

Post Reply