- Family Elder
- Posts: 366
- Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:00 pm
- Location: Houston, TX
So much support. Thank you.
We are part of something big here, with CCSVI, and I am honored to be sharing the journey with everyone here.
I've looked up my drug plan on its extremely slow-loading website. Dr. Sclafani's anticoagulant of choice is Arixtra, 5 mg, but it is not on my plan. Lovenox was covered, so I resigned myself to the Lovenox. Then I checked if a different dosage of Arixtra might be available. Jackpot! Arixtra 2.5 mg is on my plan. That means two shots a day instead of one, but I'm a pro from my Copaxone days, no problems there.
I am waiting for the all-clear, yes-this-is-going-through from Holly before I would be so bold as to get my airline tickets.
I sent an email for the Hubbard's registry packet in case Dr. Sclafani will agree to filling out the form needed for Dr. Hubbard's patient-centric registry. (www.hubbardfoundation.org) And I took the water calculator test that Cheer has posted about. (http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwa ... ulator.htm; I need 2.4 liters or my jugulars will restenose out of thirst alone.) My husband requested the days off of work. My daughter talked about the Statue of Liberty and all that she will be seeing in New York.
One day closer.
Yes, it will be a long two weeks.
Very nice to hear!!!!Cece wrote:Countdown: 16 days away
Most of my insurance issues have been worked out. Still waiting on the preauth now and a few details but it looks like it's a go.
I called my GP this afternoon to get an appointment to get an Arixtra prescription and a blood test per American Access Care's instructions.
I am nervous but very happy!
What a quiet board it will be around here during your procedure with both you and Dr. Sclafani absent! It will feel like a playground without the monitors supervising!
I wish you the greatest result possible!