I have decided to live with my clotted left jugular until I know that all the complications of Jugular bypasses and any treatments related to veins have been optimised.(clotted 2 years ago)
At present I am doing ok but I think its because my dr and I have finally found a blood thinning regime that works (aspirin and Arixtra combo both low dose) so far so good. Before the combo I was really struggling with the clot.
Happy you are doing well though D. I hope it continues for you.
I am thinking the by-pass too . I was wondering where can I find stories of patients that have done something like this?
I follow Mike's blog, he's the one who had ten or so angioplasties and then a vein graft that didn't take, and now is still looking for options for that left jugular. He recently talked about an option with the collateral for his left jugular, that they could wait for that collateral to form into a full vein and then gradually balloon it over 3 - 6 procedures to get it to be full-sized. That sounds like the gradual maturation that's been discussed here for hypoplastic veins. I don't know if that would work or if it's been done before. http://msmikejuices.blogspot.com/
Wishing you good luck with whatever you attempt.
This is real surgery and depending on where you live may indicate the care you might receive if you have problems. I do want to make it clear that the medical staff I dealt with personally were all very caring and considerate. Some even had questions. The only issue was trying to save the graft and when the options were laid out, the graft was on its own.
I'm doing alright, the swelling in my neck has pretty much gone away, and the scar from the surgery is fading. The follow-up with the ENT specialists was good, he felt everything was healing the way it should and has ordered an U/S to see if they can confirm that the graft survived. So, being Canadian I'm not sure where it will go from here. If the results are inconclusive they are supposed to order either a CT or MRV.
My own symptom changes are very strange so I think the graft still has some flow. Dr. Hernandez only did a 7 mm graft from my IJ to my EJ.
I haven't done anything yet . I am thinking about Dr Spangolo in Italy. He has already done 45 surgeys and until now they are succesfull all except one , but I am afraid to do something like that .
I read stories about people that re-clotted and I cannot afford this possibility .
I aspect to hear something happy .
- Similar Topics
- Last post
- 11 Replies
- 1331 Views
Last post by ElliotB
Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:50 pm
Beijing Institute--neurosurgeons treating jugular veins
Last post by NHE « Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:39 amReplies: 2
Posted in Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)by cheerleader » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:45 pm » in Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)
- 2 Replies
- 397 Views
Last post by NHE
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:39 am
Last post by frodo « Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:13 am
Posted in Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)by frodo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:13 am » in Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)
- 0 Replies
- 75 Views
Last post by frodo
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:13 am
- 6 Replies
- 257 Views
Last post by HarbourBoy
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:49 pm