What provokes your exacerbations?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Melody
Family Elder

Post by Melody »

Jill and jaycee do either of you have seasonal allergies????
John was diagnosed Jan 2005. On lipitor 20mg .On Copaxone since July 4,2005. Vitamin D3 2000iu-4000iu (depending on sunshine months)June 10 2005(RX::Dr. O'Connor) Omega 3 as well Turmeric since April 2005. Q10 60mg. 1500mg liquid Glucosamine Nov 2005.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

infections (ie cold or flu) are the only triggers I can say i have noticed over the past 8 years. I now do all i can to avoid them (some would say obsessive)

Before I knew I had MS I used to love hot baths and cant say I noticed it made my condition worst. Stress, cant say for certain. I dont really stress out (apart from about MS).

I noticed Rebif made my symtoms worse.

I also noticed that food / drink (other than water) caused my symptoms to be slightly worse temporarily.
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

"Avoid cold and flu...some say obsessive"

Haha! Me too. I'm a bear! I tell people in no uncertain terms when we make a date to get together, if your kids are sick, please do me a favor and do not come. My body cannot tolerate colds and flus like normal people. This works well. I've trained everyone, and they call if they are unwell and ask if they should come or not. That is perfectly fair.

I look at it this way. 1 in a thousand will get this. Only one. that one person carries the torch for the other 999, because statistically someone had to get it. Each of us is that one. What ever small thing can be done to keep us as well as possible is fair to ask. It's Ok to have family members get flu shots (though I am sure some will say mercury! toxin! not natural...Ok don't do that if that's you) or to take airborne or occincillconnium (sp?) or other natural remedies to prevent colds and flu...
It's fair to ask people to do anything within your own code of OK things to keep you well.
Marie
dx since '93 MS definite since 91. First atttack 86. I do not/have not eaten gluten fat sugar, dairy, allergens, intolerances, and take Copaxone since it came out, as well as many supplements. My hay fever is well controlled. SPMS this year 05. I could jog still in 99. Progression happens, I credit being able to jog at 6 years after diagnosis to healthy habits. I credit today's level of function about edss 5.5 to MS.

Return to “General Discussion”