New diagnosis - trying to work out what mild symptoms mean?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
mrbarlow
Family Elder

New diagnosis - trying to work out what mild symptoms mean?

Post by mrbarlow »

Hi - looking for advice here.

Following an acute attack of optic neuritis in November and MRI which revealed some small lesions I have been diagnosed with CIS / RRMS (not really sure as neuro has never actually stated a diagnosis).

However since the acute attack I would say I have regular mild symptoms that include;

heaviness in the same eye affected by the ON
Tingling in the feet
slight dizzyness
Tingling in the hands and arms
sudden onset of fatigue - often mid morning which clears after an hour

All come on and off quickly, more so towards the end of the day.

Now I am not really sure if these are residual affects, new attacks, or even possible sides from the Interferon I take.

Otherwise I am generally OK. So far I have not suffered any paralysis or detectable neuro deficit.
Bender
Family Elder

Post by Bender »

I'm actually in the same boat, and my doc has me checking in every few weeks (I'm newly diagnosed so she's keeping a close eye on it) but says it's unlikely new flare ups.

What I'm hearing is that the sudden onset of fatigue is just par for the course, and that the tingling in my hands and feet (I'm just having it on the pads) is probably just a combination of the fact that I take hot showers most of the time and overstimultation.

The Nuropathy and Spacticity getting worse (seemingly) she is currently attributing to the most recent string of "flare ups" apparently I can expect these symptoms to get worse over time when I have flare ups.

Anyway, that's what I'm hearing from my doc about similar things that are happening to me, but as it seems to be different for everyone, I wouldn't directly assume any of that to be the same for you without checking with your doctor first, but I'm pretty sure what she's telling me is pretty standard.
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Post by mrbarlow »

Thanks Bender

Im moderately better than I was 3 months ago although from onset I hit it with an aggresive regimen of diet - high vitamin D , omega 3, purine diet.

February started Helminthic therapy and wider range of supplements.