Oxybutynin (Lyrinel xl) side effects problem

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Oxybutynin (Lyrinel xl) side effects problem

Post by Wonderfulworld »

I started 5mg Lyrinel XL about 6 days ago for nocturia. It's not working at all.
It's also causing me unpleasant side effects. Maybe if it was working I'd be more likely to continue on it for a while.
Just wondering;
- have any of you who took oxybutynin had these side effects and if yes, did they die down after a while as you adjusted or do they tend to continue?

I felt like my head and shoulders were pressursed, and I had a headache. My lower legs and feet felt swollen and the skin felt uncomfortably stretched.
Pains in my stomach.

Does it get better as you go on?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Concussus Resurgo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RR-MS dx 1998 and Coeliac dx 2003
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tecfidera, Cymbalta, Baclofen.
EPO, Fish Oils, Vitamin D3 2000 IU, Magnesium, Multivitamin/mineral, Co-Enzyme Q10, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Melatonin.
KateCW
Family Elder

Post by KateCW »

I didnt experience any of that, just an even drier mouth than the last med I was on. I did switch after a few years on Detrol as I think it became less effective after a while. I hope u find something that can help you.
Kathy, 49 with PPMS,full time scooter.
Married to a wonderful man, mother to a darling 9 yr old boy
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Post by Wonderfulworld »

Thanks Kathy
yes that dry mouth symptom is annoying.
I stopped them - I felt my head was pounding and my legs felt so swollen. 2 days later the symptoms are gone.
I wish I could find something that would help my bladder :cry: maybe the next step is botox..............
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Concussus Resurgo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RR-MS dx 1998 and Coeliac dx 2003
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tecfidera, Cymbalta, Baclofen.
EPO, Fish Oils, Vitamin D3 2000 IU, Magnesium, Multivitamin/mineral, Co-Enzyme Q10, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Melatonin.