Lesion location & symptoms

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Miss_Feisty
Family Member

Lesion location & symptoms

Post by Miss_Feisty »

Hello Wonderful People.......

I have been searching online for a bit and can't find what I'm looking for.....Google Frenzy. I'm now even more exhausted than before. :)

I want to know what areas or lesions (brain/spinal) are responsible for certain symptoms.

I really want to comprehend what is going on and where in my body when it goes haywire. I know some things may be not be identified unless hooked up by MRI, but is there a way to distinguish symptoms and activity/inflammation?

If anyone can offer a link or point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Please no heavy duty medical journals at the moment, I can barely open a dictionary to translate.

Thanks!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

all i know is that the nerve roots down each vertebra affect different parts of your body called dermatomes. most of my issues have been from spinal lesions, just the eye/cognitive stuff would be brain related i think. lhermitte's sign indicates a spinal cord lesion in the neck, even though the effects are felt as shocks elsewhere in the body. hope that gives you some search terms to get started with wrt the spinal ones at least!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Miss_Feisty
Family Member

Post by Miss_Feisty »

Thanks Jimmylegs.......
I have a lot of searching to pull a few things together.