1 yr post HiCy (2nd round)...Great news!

A board to discuss Revimmune as a potential therapy for multiple sclerosis
RedPenguins
Family Elder

1 yr post HiCy (2nd round)...Great news!

Post by RedPenguins » 8 years ago

Well, this board is mostly "dead" now...but figured I'd drop a quick update in case anyone ever stops by.

This week marks 1 year since I underwent a second course of HiCy. (first round 7/08, second 5/09). In this past year, I have not had symptoms or relapses.....prior to this, I had relapses every 2-3 months since being diagnosed 28 months ago.

I used Copaxone from June through February. I discontinued Copaxone because I was going to try to get pregnant.

I am happy to report I AM PREGNANT now....due on Thanksgiving - November 25, 2010!

Being that pregnant women are usually free from relapses anyhow, I am expecting the next 7 months to go smoothly. I guess the REAL test for HiCy will be in the first months post partum - as women have REALLY high rates of extreme relapses in the months after giving birth. Of course, I have faith in the HiCy and believe I will not have this happen (though obviously, the risk is still there)....I guess I only time will tell!

I continue to recommend this treatment.... :)

Best of luck to everyone.

~Keri

LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 » 8 years ago

Great news Keri!! So pleased for you x

CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust » 8 years ago

congrats on both the pregnancy and the lack of relapses!

Any board on this website is only "dead" because people stop posting here.

Squibbles
Family Member

Post by Squibbles » 8 years ago

Hi Keri

Really pleased for you... :)

Do you know what is happening with trials for Revimmune? It seems that they have stopped?...

chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms » 8 years ago

Awesome!!

msgator
Family Elder

Post by msgator » 8 years ago

I nursed both my kids after pregnancy and did not experience the post pregnancy relapse after either delivery. Good luck to you. Make sure you take your vitamin D, a lot of prenatals contain very little and I am becoming more and more convinced that insufficient vitamin d in utero has some influence on MS. Wish I had figured that out before I had my kids, my daughter esp. since she is a May baby.
always look on the bright side of life

Veins opened 10/15/10. RIJV still on the small side. Feeling much better.

ssmme
Family Elder

Post by ssmme » 8 years ago

Keri congratulations, having a baby is wonderful. So it took to rounds of treatment for you to see improvements? I'm currently in a clinical trial for campath but I want to keep any further progression at bay. I'm doing okay on Campath. I just had my 2nd dosing a couple of weeks ago and all my ms symptoms are back in unison. Did HiCy do that to you then subside?

Marcia
Marcia