MS-related fatigue improves more with Tysabri

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
MSUK
Family Elder

MS-related fatigue improves more with Tysabri

Post by MSUK »

The prevalence and severity of fatigue in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) are more reduced during treatment with natalizumab versus interferon beta (IFNb) or glatiramer acetate (GA), according to a study presented at the 26th Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS).

Fatigue is one of the hallmark symptoms of MS and is associated with severe impairment of quality of life, noted Norman Putzki, MD, Cantonal Hospital, St. Gallen, Switzerland, on October 15.

In the study, 49 patients with RRMS who were treated with natalizumab were compared with 53 matched patients who had been treated with IFNb or GA. Some of the patients treated with natalizumab had previously been treated with IFN, GA, or mitoxantrone, and others had received no previous treatment............ Read More - http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm/fuseact ... ageid/1768
MS-UK - http://www.ms-uk.org/
HarryZ
Family Elder

Re: MS-related fatigue improves more with Tysabri

Post by HarryZ »

Here we go with the head-to-head trials between Tysabri and the CRABs. Gaining a few percentage points on that MS drug market share can be worth million$.

Harry
Pink2010

Post by Pink2010 »

I have a real problem believing this. My fatigue is so much worse then before I went on this drug. Most of the people I see at the infusion center also have problems with fatigue.

I agree "Gaining a few percentage points on that MS drug market share can be worth million$."
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

Pink2010 wrote:I have a real problem believing this. My fatigue is so much worse then before I went on this drug. Most of the people I see at the infusion center also have problems with fatigue.

I agree "Gaining a few percentage points on that MS drug market share can be worth million$."
You can bet that your situation won't make it into Biogen's promotional material!

Harry