I haven't been to my GP yet about symptoms as they are now. In the past I've been diagnosed with a "text-book" case of Mono in 2011 (when I was 26) and, more recently, general anxiety and ADD in 2012.
Since having mono, I never really felt the same, but for the past few months things have been getting worse. The symptoms I have include:
- Extreme fatigue even after a good night's sleep
- Excessive yawning, even when out hiking or something and not feeling tired
- Heat intolerance!!! Get super sweaty, super fast and it takes me forever to cool down. Occasionally I will tremble, feel week, and a couple of times my vision has gone black (but never passed out). Last year around Christmas, I played laser tag and felt super overheated afterwards...went outside in the snow (I live in Maine) and a friend told me steam was rising from my head. On the other hand, it takes my feet and hands forever to warm up.
- Terrible memory and concentration problems and when speaking, I often lose the simplest words like "stairs" or "door" and sometimes it takes me a long time to get out what I'm trying to say.
- Balance seems off and clumsiness...walking into things, not doing things right, like my visual perception is off.
- Couple of instances where I felt drunk...like a lag between eye/head movement and registering what I'm seeing.
- History of swallowing problems. I have had food stuck in my throat more than once and had a couple of endoscopy visits (one emergency and was not sedated) and done the barium thing once. They never really found a problem.
- Sudden coughing when warm in bed that doesn't go away until I get up and drink cold water.
- In the last couple of months, my right arm as gotten the numb/tingly feeling like it has gone to sleep, even though I was just sitting. It lasted about an hour.
- Muscles always tense, especially in legs, but also arms, shoulders, and jaw. I'll relax them once I realize they're tense, but then they go back to being tense.
Would love any thoughts or advice! I do plan on making a Dr. appt soon.