Medtronics ITB Baclofen Pump

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
keepbattling

Medtronics ITB Baclofen Pump

Post by keepbattling »

On October 5th i had a Baclofen pump implanted. I have to say I am not sure if I like it or not. The site where they put the pump is very swollen. I was told that that is normal and will take a couple of weeks to come down. I have been dizzy and nauseaus at times. Has anyone else got the pump and what was your experience with it. I am chalking it up to I'm not giving it enough time. At this moment, I am debating whether I made a mistake or not.. Let me know how its going for you ..
<strong>Keep up the Battle, One day we will win</strong><br /><br />Your Friend, <br />Rod Covert <br />Rodcovert@gmail.com<br />
tammyp

Re: Medtronics ITB Baclofen Pump

Post by tammyp »

I had the pump implanted on May 2, 2012. I'm going through the same concerns as you. I did not realize how weak I would be. The point of all this was to be able to build up muscle strength. I am seeing the ms nurse tomorrow for a tysabri infusion & will discuss these issues.
diagnosed may 1994 rrms now spms, use a cane, walker, or wheelchair depending on distance, started tysabri infusions nov 2008, baclofen pump surgery may 2012