WONDERING HOW BROMLEY IS DOING

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Lyon
Family Elder

WONDERING HOW BROMLEY IS DOING

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bromley
Family Elder

Post by bromley »

Bob,

Bromley doing fine.

No relapse / sniff of relapse since my first Campath (Alemtuzumab) infusion in December 2006.

Yearly MRI (last in November 2010) show no inflammation (using the contrast agent) and no disease activity (no new lesions and existing ones have shrunk or disappeared).

After my first infusion, I saw good recovery of some deficits from earlier relapses. I had my second infusion in December 2007. I had an EDSS done in March 2011. My EDSS has remained consistent over the last three years - permanent deficit is numb feet.

I did get Graves' Disease (18 months ago). Have been on hyperthyroidism tablets, but will need to have thyroid killed off in the next couple of months (radio-active treatment is used as a definitive cure for the condition). C.25 per cent of those treated with Campath end up getting Graves'.

So 7 years after dx of RRMS, I'm still working fulltime etc.

There are a number of Alemtuzumab abstracts / posters being presented at this week's AAN meeting. Phase III Alemtuzumab results are expected mid-2011.

Ian

PS I see that pest HarryZ is still hanging around the site. Good to see someone refer to him as a terrorist. To poor old Biogen, he is the equivalent of Al Qu'aida.

PSS think of me next week when I'm on holiday in the Canary Islands. I've read that a high percentage of Americans don't have a passport - I bet you are one of them.

PSS hope you will be watching the Royal Wedding on 28 April. We get a day off. You must regret booting us out - if you'd let us govern you, you'd have a Queen and a day off for the wedding.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waterbear
Family Member

Post by Waterbear »

Thanks for the update Ian, good to hear from you again and even better to hear that overall things have gone so well for you.

You may remember i pm'd you a few times about Alemtuzumab when my girlfriend was first diagnosed some 2,5 years ago..Your update actually coincided with her first round of treatment, as she received 4 doses this week and is due for the final one in a few hours. It took some but we finally got there, and iff we are able to report similar results in 5 years i'll be a very happy man indeed :-)

Thanks again for your help,
Yannis

Return to “General Discussion”