Delving into rebooting

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Lyon
Family Elder

Delving into rebooting

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bromley
Family Elder

Post by bromley »

Lyon,

You're a brave man posting this. With those lunatics Harry Z, Sou, Algis and 5,000 CCSVI followers hunting you down you'll wish the world had ended on 21 May 2011.

I'd like to help you, but they're just too strong. RIP Bob.

Ian
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

:)
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

I would really appreciate if you do not mention me as a Lyon's hunter, or follower of anything (I am neither).

Thank you.

Algis.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scorpion
Family Elder

Re: Delving into rebooting

Post by scorpion »

Lyon wrote: For those who, like me, like to watch videos with interesting speakers rather than dry reading.
Is there a theme here??? A tombstone as your icon and a speaker who looks and sounds like a mortician may lead some of us to believe this may represent some type of symbolism on your part.
Lyon
Family Elder

Re: Delving into rebooting

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bromley
Family Elder

Post by bromley »

Scorpion,

I thought you were with us? A small group of warriors that believe in freedom of speech, believe that there are some good neuros out there, believe that the immune system plays a role in this disease.

You shouldn't need to be incentivised to join us, but I'm happy to forward a Royal Wedding commemorative plate if that helps.

Ian

PS Algis - I won't mention your name again (it will be our secret).
sou
Family Elder

Post by sou »

Was I a Lyon hunter and I didn't know?????

I am flattered to have such a fame, since I am neither a CCSVI fanatic nor a regular poster. Lyon, all forums require all opinions, I wish you stayed and kept writing.

Good luck with whatever you do. Really, from deep in my heart.

PS: My apologies, do you really intend to leave the forum? My english is not that good to understand any possible irony...
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scorpion
Family Elder

Post by scorpion »

bromley wrote:Scorpion,

I thought you were with us? A small group of warriors that believe in freedom of speech, believe that there are some good neuros out there, believe that the immune system plays a role in this disease.

You shouldn't need to be incentivised to join us, but I'm happy to forward a Royal Wedding commemorative plate if that helps.

Ian

PS Algis - I won't mention your name again (it will be our secret).
Not on your life Ian!!! I can not be bought like some sort of greedy neuro unless of course the bribe includes a few pints of Boddington in which case you have my full support!
shucks
Family Elder

Post by shucks »

Thanks, I just spent half a day watching everything with Giles on it on youtube. Why do you think that he brushed over the stem cell thing pretty quickly and seemed to dismiss it as promising but not realistic? I am a newbie, and have been really thinking of fund raising to try to get an hsct treatment. Everyone who talks about it seem to say it works wonders on 80 percent of people. My illness is progressing quite fast in the last 6 months, and I'm just trying to get my best hope at getting better. I'm always interested in advice here, so bring some on. Campath seems to be a great drug, but would you need campath if the beam protocol stopped progression and maybe made you a little better?

I'm still lost in all of the info out there and am reading everything I can about each treatment I can find. I am always interested in everyone's perspective.

Thanks for any advice.
"A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." -- Shane

Who is John Galt?
scorpion
Family Elder

Post by scorpion »

shucks wrote:Thanks, I just spent half a day watching everything with Giles on it on youtube. Why do you think that he brushed over the stem cell thing pretty quickly and seemed to dismiss it as promising but not realistic? I am a newbie, and have been really thinking of fund raising to try to get an hsct treatment. Everyone who talks about it seem to say it works wonders on 80 percent of people. My illness is progressing quite fast in the last 6 months, and I'm just trying to get my best hope at getting better. I'm always interested in advice here, so bring some on. Campath seems to be a great drug, but would you need campath if the beam protocol stopped progression and maybe made you a little better?

I'm still lost in all of the info out there and am reading everything I can about each treatment I can find. I am always interested in everyone's perspective.

Thanks for any advice.
Hey Shucks,

I did not get the impression he was saying it was not realistic but that there is not enough evidence yet to show if it is going to be a promising MS treatment or not. I agree with you that Campath does seem like a promising drug and certainly, I believe, is worth the risk if your MS is progressing quickly, which it sounds like it is, but it is of course a personal decision. It was nice to see Giles not jump to conclusions about stem cells because the MS field is loaded with bogus cures/treatments and people jumping to conclusions based on youtube videos and shady science.
shucks
Family Elder

Post by shucks »

with all of the stuff out there on hsct, do you think it is disengenuous to think it is a great treatment at this time? I am just exploring.
"A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." -- Shane

Who is John Galt?
scorpion
Family Elder

Post by scorpion »

shucks wrote:with all of the stuff out there on hsct, do you think it is disengenuous to think it is a great treatment at this time? I am just exploring.
I think it is an unproven treatment that shows promise but as of yet no one can say for sure what the future holds for stem cells. My wife is involved with stem cell research and is very encouraged by all the knowledge we have gained in the last few years but she points out to me that there is still a lot about stem cells that remains a mystery to scientists. That said she holds out a lot of hope that in the next five years we will begin to see many trials and possible medical breakthroughs involving the use of stem cells. Although she holds out a great deal of hope that stem cells will one day be a major therapeutic tool in the fight against MS, the truth is at this point scientists just do not know.

Return to “General Discussion”