Numbness: MS symptom?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Artemia

Numbness: MS symptom?

Post by Artemia »

Hi there,
For the past month, I have been experiencing a numbing sensation in my abdomen and back (just below my breasts up to my underbelly). It seems like the whole area went asleep and has not waken up yet :(
It started during my holidays and at first I thought that not changing my bathing suit and leaving it to dry on my body could have caused this. Note that I did not have any other symptoms. A second thought was that since I stopped exercising my muscles are cooling down. However, I am not convinced by this either.
Can somebody advise whether this could be an early sign of MS?
Thank you very much in advance.
Artemia
L
Family Elder

Re: Numbness: MS symptom?

Post by L »

I'm afraid it could yes. It could be a sign of plenty of other things though I'm sure.

A numb feeling of tightness around the waist is common, people with ms call it 'the ms hug.'

If it is ms then it's a good thing because CCSVI testing and treatment will, as far as I know, cure it at this early stage. :)
tipsy

Post by tipsy »

Indeed, this one one of the very first symtoms I had a long time before diagnosis, patches of my back going numb. Its not a definate sign of Ms, it was for me, but there may be other causes.

Good luck.
fee001
Family Elder

Post by fee001 »

Hi!

No its not a definite. it may just pass ok. Dont stress yourself out about it.

I had a desensitised feeling down my left side, this was way before diagnosis, it went after a few weeks and I carried on with my life regardless for 8 years or so, had 3 children in the meantime. I am very grateful that ms was not mentioned at all.

nobody can tell you anything definite, just try and carry on and it will probably vanish as it did me.

Fiona
I do my own research, and find my own answers Its good to talk
Artemia

Post by Artemia »

Thank you guys for your replies.
I went to a GP and he ordered some tests but he is adamant that this cannot be MS.
I will keep you posted.
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

Artemia wrote:Thank you guys for your replies.
I went to a GP and he ordered some tests but he is adamant that this cannot be MS.
I will keep you posted.
Pleased to hear it!

Return to “General Discussion”