Swelling? Inflammation? Pressure in the noggin...

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Interrupted
Family Elder

Swelling? Inflammation? Pressure in the noggin...

Post by Interrupted »

Can anyone identify with this?

Since my CFS/MS started (11yrs ago) i've been struggling with major pressure issues in my head. It feels like it's around my brain, ears and eyes. It also comes with visual graininess, fluctuating heartbeat and extreme dizziness when I walk, even minimally. I haven't been able to exercise for years, even though i'm fully mobile most of the time - it's infuriating.
I cannot tolerate air conditioning, it makes me feel sick and like i'm going to pass out when it's really bad. It can also bring on migraine and ON symptoms. I'm extremely faint and often feel barely conscious anyway, but going into shops is a nightmare.

It's always there, but sometimes (like right now) it's awful. Docs say it's "just CFS and we don't know..." but it could also tie in with MS. Hand washed away as usual from the general medical front. Quelle surprise and thanks a lot.

My blood pressure is always fine so what is/could be the cause of this? Is it likely just general inflammation? Or is it something unconnected to the MS. Anyone have any ideas because I strongly feel it may be something completely different causing it?
28/07/10, 04/10/10, 16/11/10 - CCSVi Dopplers x3 ** 12/10/10 - Poland procedure. Symptoms worsened. No improvement.
13/02/12 - Wheldon ABX protocol for 1.5yrs. Fairly stable but no improvement. Unable to source alternate ABX needed.
CindyCB
Family Member

Re: Swelling? Inflammation? Pressure in the noggin...

Post by CindyCB »

Bumping this one up as very interested in answers on this - I have the same problems but am undiagnosed....
Thyroid disease, Vitamin D deficiency, hypermobility, 'ME/CFS', CCSVI (stenosis both sides and assymetric malformed valves), TMJ - No MS but many neuro symptoms.
fee001
Family Elder

Post by fee001 »

Hi

Could it be sinus related, as Candida can cause that, I dont know what sinus feels like, because I've never had it.

Also I hope you dont mind me asking but have you ever had Glandular fever?

Fiona
I do my own research, and find my own answers Its good to talk
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

i say ask this Dr. hes an expert with skulls and flows, he has helped many of us

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/chronic-c ... -1500.html
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

I had much of the same issues. I almost 'stopped moving' as the dizziness got so bad. I'm not trumpeting this at all but the CCSVI procedure took MOST of it away for me. Now I can push myself a lot more in terms of exercise without getting what I used to call "full head". However, it doesn't make much sense since your jugular veins work when you're on your back, not when you're upright. But it did work almost immediately. I used to get the major "seeing stars" just be bending over and picking something up off the floor. That was the first thing I noticed post procedure. My headaches got seriously better too. I hope this helps. CCSVI did not cure me whatsoever, but did alleviate many cerebral issues that felt like pressure.
CindyCB
Family Member

Post by CindyCB »

Loobie, has the CCSVI angio helped you with cog-fog or anything like that?

I'm constantly spaced out with this immense head pressure. It effects my memory and response time plus I suffer with headaches and migraines.
Thyroid disease, Vitamin D deficiency, hypermobility, 'ME/CFS', CCSVI (stenosis both sides and assymetric malformed valves), TMJ - No MS but many neuro symptoms.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

Cindy, Upper Cervical Care stopped my headaches and migraines. if you visit the ccsvi and ccvbp thread, they can help you find a ucc dr is UK
CindyCB
Family Member

Post by CindyCB »

CK,
Thank you for the reply but I've actually been seeing a cervical chiropractor for almost 3 years now.

In the beginning I had good improvements but over time I've found they do not last more than a couple of days sadly.

I would like a whole new neck - thyroid problems, CCSVI and stiffness and pain!
fee001
Family Elder

candida and he adaches and migraines

Post by fee001 »

Candida albicans (yeast), Headaches and Migraines

by Bruce Semon, M.D., Ph.D.

Headaches and migraines are poorly understood by the academic medical community. Doctors prescribe many pain relievers , but can't really tell you why you suffer from headaches.

We know that the blood vessels are affected in some way.

In migraine for example, the vessels swell up, leading to pain, and to the of compounds which constrict the vessels.

You can prevent these headaches by treating for yeast inside your body, both by taking an anti-yeast medication called nystatin and changing your diet.

How can this be?

The yeast Candida Albicans is a normal resident inside of the intestinal tract. This yeast can also be found at times in the mouth. Sometimes this yeast overgrows and the doctor recognizes this overgrowth of yeast as a yeast infection as thrush.

The yeast Candida albicans makes many chemicals which are toxic to the brain. These chemicals include toxic alcohols, aldehydes as well as the powerful brain poison hydrogen sulfide. Yeast and fungus are also present in the food. For example vinegar is literally spoiled wine. Wine is made by yeast and many yeast chemicals are present in vinegar. Malt is made by sprouting barley and then heating it. The resulting malt is sold as a sugar substitute and is baked into many products. Malt also contains many chemicals which affect the brain.

The chemicals in malt and which are made by yeast all slow the brain down. Thus the body tries to prevent these chemicals from ever getting to the brain.

Fungi also make chemicals which are toxic to the brain. I have found from clinical experience that foods contaminated by yeast or fungus, for example, peanuts, or foods in which yeast has been present, such as vinegar, are all headache causers.

Why might these chemicals cause headaches?

Most of these chemicals should be cleared by the liver but not all are. No one knows exactly what these chemicals do when they get to the blood vessels of the brain.

I propose the following explanation. One way to prevent such chemicals from passing through the cells of the blood vessels is for these blood vessels to swell up in an inflammatory response. Then perhaps the chemicals will stay in the cells lining the blood vessels rather than getting into the brain. The result will be pain but the brain will be protected.

I have treated many people for headaches and migraines. I have found that the best solution is to avoid foods containing chemicals made by yeast and fungus which are toxic to the brain.

The first foods to eliminate are vinegar, malt, chocolate, pickled foods alcoholic beverages, non-alcoholic beer, peanuts, soy sauce, worchestershire sauce, and cottonseed oil.

There are many more foods, and treatment with the anti-yeast medication nystatin also helps. Nystatin is not absorbed and has no significant side effects.
fee001
Family Elder

Post by fee001 »

Me again I'm affraid, Candida can cause fatigue, poor eyesight and many other things, check it out

http://www.wholeapproach.com/candida/symptoms.php
CindyCB
Family Member

Post by CindyCB »

Thank you Fee - I have had several tests for candida plus did a long stint sugarfree with caprylic acid etc to no avail.

Like you I have considered many options for the cause of my symptoms, sadly with little impact.
fee001
Family Elder

Post by fee001 »

CindyCB,

Did you cut out yeast?

With ms there are many mmany crossovers, I can only think of Lyme Candida and Misaligned Atlas they are the obvious possibilities, but do you have an unusual symptom not under the ms umberella.

Also if you get fatigue have you ever had Glandular fever/EBV
Fiona
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Post by euphoniaa »

Interrupted wrote:Can anyone identify with this?

Since my CFS/MS started (11yrs ago) i've been struggling with major pressure issues in my head. It feels like it's around my brain, ears and eyes. It also comes with visual graininess, fluctuating heartbeat and extreme dizziness when I walk, even minimally. I haven't been able to exercise for years, even though i'm fully mobile most of the time - it's infuriating.
I cannot tolerate air conditioning, it makes me feel sick and like i'm going to pass out when it's really bad. It can also bring on migraine and ON symptoms. I'm extremely faint and often feel barely conscious anyway, but going into shops is a nightmare.

It's always there, but sometimes (like right now) it's awful. Docs say it's "just CFS and we don't know..." but it could also tie in with MS. Hand washed away as usual from the general medical front. Quelle surprise and thanks a lot.

My blood pressure is always fine so what is/could be the cause of this? Is it likely just general inflammation? Or is it something unconnected to the MS. Anyone have any ideas because I strongly feel it may be something completely different causing it?
Hi Interrupted - I'm sorry you are dealing with these issues! First, though, I had to look up CFS, :smile: which I assume is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, correct? Also, CindyCB (and others) are posting symptoms, too.

My question first, to all of you posting here is: What meds or supplements are you using? My body is so sensitive that I can trace almost every symptom I've got to meds/supplements/foods, etc. At the very least, my symptoms increase/decrease in direct proportion to what I take or swallow. I don't think anyone has mentioned that in this thread yet. (Plus, I have a number of other medical conditions.)

The side effects from some of the meds/supplements/vitamins I've taken have been way worse than anything MS has ever done to me. Sorry I don't have any suggestions yet, but interested in what you have to say.

Wishing everyone answers to their questions and relief of their symptoms!
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)