O.N. symptom relief, is there any?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Absentee
Family Member

O.N. symptom relief, is there any?

Post by Absentee »

Just taking a stab at this one. Having a little optic neuritis flare up. Can't easily find on the board by searching so I am posting...anyone have any interesting advice for soothing some of the pain and odd vision associated with an ON flare up? Probably not I know, but worth asking this smart and engaged community!!
nooper
Family Member

Re: O.N. symptom relief, is there any?

Post by nooper »

I had some nystagmus with my vision as well as vertigo and started seeing improvements in three weeks. It is continually improving. I am not sure if mine was all out O.N or not, but my vision was greatly affected. I hope your's clears up soon. I am fortunate and had no pain. I would think your typical NSAID would help with the pain.
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

I find one of those eye masks that are put in the fridge helped me....I have 2...
1 has the eyes cut open and chills your head and cheeks etc, then I have another one which is just for the eyes. I alternated these:)
Absentee
Family Member

Post by Absentee »

thanks for the responses nooper and LR. the pain really is something and typically Ibuprofen does not help. it feels like it may be clearing a bit...pain is much less and the eye disturbance is coming and going. whatever it is this is always scary stuff with the eyes. I will check out the cooling masks, great advice! one tid bit that seems to help me is drinking cold water with meals (and between). I find the eye stuff gets worse with the heat generated by digestion and eating and the cold water mitigates that, a bit. another MS joy.

Return to “General Discussion”