I was dx'd w/ms a cuple of months ago

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Maledicte
Family Member

I was dx'd w/ms a cuple of months ago

Post by Maledicte »

and i have really bad depression

i can barely walk

I am using rebif

I feel so lost
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Maledictesjewels
Kiyaan
Getting to Know You...

Re: I was dx'd w/ms a cuple of months ago

Post by Kiyaan »

Hi Maledicte

Being depressed and lost is quite natural given that it has only been two months since your diagnosis. The one thing that can be said about this disease at this point is that it is unpredictable which definitely contributes to that feeling of being lost and not knowing what to do.

You're taking Rebif which means that you've been diagnosed with Relapsing Remitting MS and that you're likely going to recover some, if not all of your lost ability in a matter of time. Meanwhile do your own research and form your own opinions on the subject. You're opinions are going to be just as valid as the next guy's since so little is known with any degree of certainty. My personal approach has been a combination of lifestyle changes and supplementing and I feel OK for the most part. I'm working and going to University at the same time; I also lead a very active lifestyle. So just being diagnosed doesn't really mean much in and of itself.

Read up on JimmyLeg's supplement regimen. Take Vitamin D for sure and also Fish oil. These are suggestions that are accepted by most people and have recently been accepted by health authorities in the UK as well. Another resource that I have found useful is a book written by George Jelinek "Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis". He also has a website where he does share the crux of the book for free which to me suggests that he does not really have a profit motive. He may be mistaken, he maybe a quack but at least he's not getting rich preying on people. I'm not sure if linking is allowed on this board, so I will not leave a direct link but a quick search on google will take you there. More importantly though -I reiterate- do your own research and draw your own conclusions. You'll find that most people are more than willing to share their knowledge and opinions with you as well, should you ever need some clarification.

You don't have to accept it now. Indeed you don't really have to accept it at all. The sooner you come to terms with the reality of your situation, the sooner you can gain some measure of control and normalcy. Living a fruitful and joyful life may still be within reach.

Take care,
Kiyaan
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Maledicte wrote:and i have really bad depression

i can barely walk

I am using rebif

I feel so lost
Welcome to ThisIsMS. I believe that you'll find a supportive community here. Interferon-beta can worsen symptoms of depression. You should talk with your doctor about the difficulties you're having. What are you taking to counter act Rebif's side effects? Many people have found ibuprofen to be more helpful than Tylenol. Are your walking problems due to the MS or do you think it might be a side effect of the Rebif?

NHE
Taurus
Family Elder

Post by Taurus »

Maledicte

My best wishes for your health. We all pwMS have gone through this trauma but believe me there is light at the end of the tunnel. As u discuss on forums, u will get all sought of advises, obviously in the best of your interest. Do not get confused and research yourself. There is not a single confirmed test for MS and this disease mimics so many other diseases, many of them treatable like Lyme etc. Meanwhile, please relax and if need be take an antidepressant only with your docs advice.
Here is short story from my side.
My legs used to get frozen moments after I used to get up on my feet. Thought it was MS. But after having an MRI of my lumber, it was revealed that I also had severe compression of my lower back which is causing leg pains, urgency in urine and host of others. I started doing the right exercises and I am on my way to recovery. Moreover,after taking turmeric, Vit D3 and LDN, my symptoms are going away fast. Please buckle up and do not loose hope. My sincere wishes to you once again.
Regards

Sajid Raza
Pakistan
Maledicte
Family Member

Post by Maledicte »

i take 5000 ui of vit d daily
b vit complex and b12
fish oil
cal/mag
valerian root (to sleep)
i was drinking heavy but stopped because i made a deal w/my neuro (whos a really great guy)
to take over my valium prescription b/c my shrink is an ice cold b*****

but i use a cane to walk,my balance is sh*t
im tired as he**, i get up 4-5 am and sleep 7-8 pm, sometimes 4-5 pm

the rebif nurse said i'll prbly never walk normal again
said rebif stops/slows down future relapses but doesn't reverse current prbs and it causes liver prbs
i was on lyrica for nerve pain but it made me extremely suicidal so I am on epitol which helps but takes 1-2 hours to kick in
drinking was helping but i no longer do it now, a deals a deal
i take turmeric occasionally
he said take 200 mg 3 times a day so nerve pain isn't so bad
i tried marijuana, and it helped once now, it just makes my walking/balance worse
the walking/balance is soo bad
before rebif i was having severe shakes and since my eyes are different strengths i couldn't see very well
i get bad double vision at night
i trip often on our stair, my legs just go rubber-like on me
its so frustrating
esp w/little/no support
no family
and few 'friends' i have are in EQ2
its horrible knowing there is no cure
and while we see cancer and arthritis commercials constantly none are for ms
even though it seems everyone i know knows someone w/MS

its like its invisible to the general public

all i seem to do is cry myself to sleep and want a drink since it suppresses nervous system and makes my nerves hurt less

ty for your replies, sometimes i feel like i have no one
Taurus
Family Elder

Post by Taurus »

Maledicte

U have not got tested yourself for CCSVI. Believe me its real. I got myself tested and had liberation treatment, probably 1st in Pakistan, with good results. Go for it, if possible. I don't know where r u located. but make an effort in this direction. Don't care what neuros say.

Secondly, till that time start taking LDN. From few calories on a treadmill with less than 10 minutes, I can now walk briskly for 50 minutes consuming 400 plus calories. These are real experiences. Please research at your own and go for it. U will benefit, by the grace of God.
Best Wishes
Sajid
Maledicte
Family Member

Post by Maledicte »

Taurus wrote:Maledicte

U have not got tested yourself for CCSVI. Believe me its real. I got myself tested and had liberation treatment, probably 1st in Pakistan, with good results. Go for it, if possible. I don't know where r u located. but make an effort in this direction. Don't care what neuros say.

Secondly, till that time start taking LDN. From few calories on a treadmill with less than 10 minutes, I can now walk briskly for 50 minutes consuming 400 plus calories. These are real experiences. Please research at your own and go for it. U will benefit, by the grace of God.
Best Wishes
Sajid
I had an MRI, several flares and he said i have had it prbly for years
I can't afford a treadmill
I can't afford the bs emergency room bill I got stuck with
I went to a walk-in clinic an hour before closing (plenty of time, right?)
No, this jacka** didn't see me until 5 mins before closing, tell me its an abdominal mass tho I repeatedly told him I could NOT urinate and hadn't for 2 days
I told him I might have ms. he told me 'i've been treating ms for years, you don't have it'
Yet when I went to Er the nurse knew right away it was retention and cathed me
ER doc had a friend w/MS and had a suspicion it was MS
(and week later I had MRI)
I have NO medical insurance,and now have an over $2400 er bill
For something that could have been done at the clinic
In fact my ER cath was removed and replaced at clinic
I requested a panel on this jerk and he LIED so they found in his favor
Now I have a bill i can't afford
because of an incompent dr who lied

Return to “General Discussion”