Hot Hands and Feet

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Hot Hands and Feet

Post by mrbarlow »

I get this on and off but it has been particularly noticeable these last few days. Its not really pins and needles and I have full function. Its is just annoying. Its exclusively in my hands and lower legs particularly the feet. My hands and feet are warm to the touch and visibly flushed

Question I have in my mind is - is this an MS symptom or could be a side effect of supplements. I wondered about niacin flush but I don't take large quantities. I also considered enhanced circulation from omega 3's and Ginkgo Biloba.

Any thoughts?
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Re: Hot Hands and Feet

Post by whyRwehere »

I think you are lucky...my husband always has cold hands and feet...very bad circulation. Maybe you are healing. What's your blood pressure at?
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Post by mrbarlow »

whyRwehere wrote:I think you are lucky...my husband always has cold hands and feet...very bad circulation. Maybe you are healing. What's your blood pressure at?
Hi

I don't know that anyone with MS can call themselves lucky!

Bp- 120/80. I have had cold feet sensation before but invariably after a shot of Rebarf.
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

Well, better MS with some circulation than none, huh? Pretty good BP...my husband is often 100/60! I'm freezing just thinking about him....
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Post by mrbarlow »

whyRwehere wrote:Well, better MS with some circulation than none, huh? Pretty good BP...my husband is often 100/60! I'm freezing just thinking about him....

Has he tried Gingko Biloba? I found it really helped along with lots of Omega 3's for the cogfog in the early days
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

Could be worth a try. He already has the omega 3s going.
MarkLavelle
Family Elder

Post by MarkLavelle »

mrbarlow wrote:... warm to the touch and visibly flushed
That part doesn't sound like an MS symptom to me, but I'm a newbie...

RRMS dx 3/3/11; Copaxone since 12/1/11
broomdancer
Family Member

Post by broomdancer »

My husband always complained of burning hot feet, (very dry & cracked also) especially his left foot. Always thought it strange when many mser's speak of cold hands & feet. After his CCSVI June 2010 treatment he hasn't mentioned his feet being hot although still rough & scaley but not nearly as red...
Maledicte
Family Member

Post by Maledicte »

Mine varies, sometimes my hands are super red and hot, and my feet are freezing cold
Its annoying, to say the least
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Maledictesjewels
bpmsrider

Post by bpmsrider »

I get the same. Had my wife check that I wasn't crazy or just not feeling things correctly. It isn't that uncomfortable but darned annoying.