numbness n both feet

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
collms

numbness n both feet

Post by collms »

Does anyone else suffer with numbness in both feet? My Doctor says this is not my MS. It only will effect one side of the body.
It get worse when I lay down. but makes getting around much harder.
heyray
Family Member

Re: numbness n both feet

Post by heyray »

I just had it on one foot but when the numbness was really active I felt both feet numb so yeah I do believe is a part of ms.
Taurus
Family Elder

Post by Taurus »

I had numbness in feet once my herniated disc in lumber area was really bad. After physiotherapy and exercise, it got much better.collms did u get your lumber checked thru mri
rssugg
Family Elder

Post by rssugg »

i have it in my toes, but it is because of herniated disk. I believe the involvement with MS is that my core is weak and more pressure is on the spine leading to the herniation. I will get a fusion before too long.
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Post by mrbarlow »

collms wrote:Does anyone else suffer with numbness in both feet? My Doctor says this is not my MS. It only will effect one side of the body.
It get worse when I lay down. but makes getting around much harder.
Doctors are full of sh1t. I had exactly the same thing and the Doc told me it was because I was overbreathing and thus Co2 levels too low in my blood. 4 months later - Optic Neuritis attack.

I hope it isn't MS but my advice would be to immediately adopt damage limitation measures including;

Vitamin D - 4000iu or more
Omega 3's - at least 2 grams a day (6 grams of fish oil - NOT COD LIVER)
Zinc - to keep uric acid levels up
Magnesium - balance Ca uptake from extra Vit D
B12 - incase symptoms relate to B12 deficiency

None of the above will do you any harm and won't cost too much
emaugust
Getting to Know You...

Post by emaugust »

I HAD 2 NUMB FEET AS PART OF MY LAST MS ATTACK. FINALLY AFTER A YEAR MY FEET ARE BACK TO NORMAL THOUGH MY RIGHT FOOT IS STILL JUST A LITTLE BIT NUMB. DEFINITELY AN MS SYMPTOM - WHAT DR. WOULD TELL YOU PINS AND NEEDLES OR NUMBNESS IS NOT A MS SYMPTOM?