did anything cause your MS?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
blossom
Family Elder

Re: did anything cause your MS?

Post by blossom »

exactly!!

anyone know if there is anything in the works with this theory?if there is i'll volunteer and i think they should round a few up like my x and check their little viruses out while they're at it.

seriously, how and why would there not be more research on this? the info. is more than a concidence. "trains, plains and automobiles"
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Post by Wonderfulworld »

Now I think Dr. Hawkes is worthy of some consideration.

If you have a look at this parallel discussion on Thisisms http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-d ... 19152.html it is showing the distribution of infected ticks. If lyme spirochetes can be transmitted via breastmilk, sexual contact, and tick bites, perhaps this could account for something similar with MS? In other words, transmission is possible through a number of routes, not all of them sexual transmission - something that Dr. Hawkes was slated for when he published his paper.....http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/73/4/439.full.

Anyone?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Concussus Resurgo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RR-MS dx 1998 and Coeliac dx 2003
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tecfidera, Cymbalta, Baclofen.
EPO, Fish Oils, Vitamin D3 2000 IU, Magnesium, Multivitamin/mineral, Co-Enzyme Q10, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Melatonin.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

You must be genetically predisposed to develop MS and when you do it is not set off by anything caused by sexual contact. Many people develop MS before there is any sexual contact. Dr Hawkes is using skewed reasoning, implying that Algeria and the Caribbean are low risk areas because of sexual continence rather than amount of sunlight. The Northern European is blamed for carrying something to start MS because they are apparently sexually incontinent. Hmm.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Post by Wonderfulworld »

Sarah I agree that MS often starts before sexual contact, and I too dislike Dr Hawks' inference about sexual activity. What interested me in the Lyme /infected tick thread was that spirochetes can be transmitted by infection, breastmilk and sexual contact. I was wondering if, in genetically predisposed or vital d deficient groups, could some infection be at work that has similar transmission methods- thereby proving Dr Hawkes' research partially correct. Just musings.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Concussus Resurgo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RR-MS dx 1998 and Coeliac dx 2003
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tecfidera, Cymbalta, Baclofen.
EPO, Fish Oils, Vitamin D3 2000 IU, Magnesium, Multivitamin/mineral, Co-Enzyme Q10, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Melatonin.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

from what i've read i understand lymes can also be passed to the child in the womb. men are more likely to pass it to women, they have found it in the sperm.

anyway, to dismiss the thought that symptoms someone named ms has no chance of being transmitted is like picking and chooseing--there is no 100 per cent on anything out there. i still feel there are groups of us with different causes and different diseases--they just narrowed the playing field so they could sell more drugs to a bigger group. we are still individuals.
PS19
Getting to Know You...

Post by PS19 »

Last edited by PS19 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brenda123

Post by Brenda123 »

Wish I knew!

Return to “General Discussion”