Mequon company may be on the verge of CURING MS

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
scorpions
Family Member

Mequon company may be on the verge of CURING MS

Post by scorpions »

Once again...fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Endece hopes to collect enough data so the U.S. Food and Drug Administration will accelerate clinical testing enough to have the drug on the market in five to seven years.

http://www.biztimes.com/article/2012043 ... -CURING-MS
sou
Family Elder

Re: Mequon company may be on the verge of CURING MS

Post by sou »

It depends on what they mean when they say "curing". It is the 2637218976th time MS is cured, and this makes it the most cured disease of the 21st century. Good work!
Lainie
Family Member

Post by Lainie »

I welcome any new drug that could be effective. It's not their fault that the author who wrote the headline is an idiot.

On Wisconsin!
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Lainie wrote:I welcome any new drug that could be effective. It's not their fault that the author who wrote the headline is an idiot.
Great point, Lainie :)
This new compound hastens remyelination. It's being developed for stage 1 clinical trial by 2014, and supported by Cleveland Clinic, the Myelin Repair Foundation and the NMSS--and there is collaborative effort going into it. All good things. But not a cure.
If a drug could be developed that would actually repair the formation of myelin, I believe it would be used in combination with those anti-inflammatory therapies. It would not compete. It would be an add-on that would expand the number of treatment options currently available for MS patients."
Not all patients are eligible to receive anti-inflammatory treatments, Trapp said. But all MS patients would qualify for a myelin repair therapy, he said.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

What ever happened to Biogen's anti-Lingo 1 antibody? It seems to have gotten stuck at phase I according to Biogen's website.

NHE
sou
Family Elder

Post by sou »

Do you really believe that remyelination is the answer to MS? I strongly doubt the demyelination is the real culprit in MS. Remyelination could help in other demyelinating diseases, but MS is demyelinating, neurodegenerating, vascular and even more.
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

How sick is anyone else of "cures"? I have seen cures coming, and had a "cure" myself once too, and the only thing I can say for sure is, "No sir I don't like it. " If anyone needs me i am in my backyard looking for a cure in my new flower garden. Maybe I can get a few free bee stings. Lol

Return to “General Discussion”