Please Help!!!!! Surgery question!!!!!!!!

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
diggiesmallz
Family Member

Please Help!!!!! Surgery question!!!!!!!!

Post by diggiesmallz »

Hello everyone, I have a question about getting breast implants. I'm turning 30 in August and I was really looking forward to getting a boob job. I have been planning this for like 3 years and when I was diagnosed in May last yr, I assumed the boob job was out of the question. From what I understand, only infection and fever cause a relapse.??? This is what I'm wondering about. What about the anithesia? Could that hurt me because of the MS? How likely is it for an infection to occur? Does me taking Rebif make wounds take longer to heal?

It would really help me to hear what you ladies thought about this, because I don't know anyone with MS except for myself. Would you get this surgery? Is there to much risk? Please help me figure all this out. I could really use your opinions, comments and concerns. Thank you all very much! I really appreciate it!!
diggie!!
andieincalgary

Re: Please Help!!!!! Surgery question!!!!!!!!

Post by andieincalgary »

perhap if you xplained why this surgery is so important to you -- you might get some responses-- i can't imagine giving you any thoughts without having more info..

thanks
A
diggiesmallz
Family Member

Post by diggiesmallz »

I have been wanting this for about 5 yrs. I have a nearly A breast size and I want a little bigger breasts. Nothing huge, just bigger than I have now. My mom had breast implants when she turned 30 because of her nearly A size. So last year I was diagnosed with MS and I was very scared about everything going on with my body due to the MS. So I thought breast implants was not a smart idea at all. I was thinking the surgery or any kind of surgery at all would cause MS to act up. I'm just wondering what some of you would do. I have RRMS and take Rebif. Things have been really good since I have started the Rebif, and I dont want to mess that up. Now that I feel better about the MS and am coming to terms with everything, I'm thinking about getting the breast implants. I'm wondering if anyone has had breast implants and if the surgery effected their MS? Or maybe if this is not a good idea at all because of the MS please let me know. I really appreciate anything you could say to help me out with my thinking on this specific topic. Thank you A!
diggie!!
JJT

Post by JJT »

What's wrong with A cup breasts?
Anything larger is just fat boobs.
blossom
Family Elder

Re: please help surgery question

Post by blossom »

there is plenty of info. pro's or cons. it's your call.

keep in mind your body is in a turmoil as it is trying to fight these symptoms someone named ms. putting a foreign substance in the body i'd think could possibly do more harm. and that's even if everything goes well.

if something isn't broke why fix it?
diggiesmallz
Family Member

Post by diggiesmallz »

Blossem, your so right, I know. I just feel so . . . I don't know, like I would like myself more. Like I would think I was prettier, its stupid. Your right. I'm doing really well. Thank you.
diggie!!
shaight
Family Elder

Post by shaight »

a women my wife works with has implants due to a double mastectomy. at work the other day one broke and leaked "explosively" internally. obviously, not good. it seems like that is a relatively common issue.

women are more concerned about breast size then men are...
diggiesmallz
Family Member

Post by diggiesmallz »

thank you for all your responses! It truly means a lot to me! I really appreciate that! It helps me to see it from other people's perspectives. :)
diggie!!