Vision Problems

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
lauralou72

Vision Problems

Post by lauralou72 »

Over the past few weeks my vision is slowly deteriorating. I can see fine when I close my right eye and only use the left eye, but when I close my left eye, my right eye sees blurry.when I use both eyes things are blurry. Everyday it is getting worse. I work at a school and really don't want to look like a pirate and wear an eye patch. Does anyone know if wearing one when I'm not at work will help correct this any quicker?
Thanks in advance, Laura
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Vision Problems

Post by NHE »

Hi Laura,
Have you seen an eye doctor? It sounds like that would be the best thing to do.

NHE
itzmesarahb

Re: Vision Problems

Post by itzmesarahb »

From my experience with MS (which is limited but I am newly diagnosed) diplopia (sp?) aka double vision and blurry vision can happen with an exacerbation of MS. Using an eye patch I have been told does not "speed" up recovery. However, wearing an eye patch may help your balance and with bumping into things, it did so with me at least. I still have balance issues and still bump into things but not as much. However, depth perception is off. I recommend going to an ophthalmologist. The nerves are attached to the muscles and that is what is messing with your vision most likely, however seeing a doctor is a good idea. Currently, I am unable to drive due to double and blurry vision and would be a hazard on the road to myself and others. I would talk to a close friend or family member, schedule an appointment and get a ride to an eye doctor. I recommend skipping the optometrist as when I went to the optometrist they made me an immediate referral for the ophthalmologist so you might save some time and a copay this way. Good luck. Don't be ashamed if the eye patch helps you. This isn't about looking like a pirate -- it's about getting better and living your life as comfortably and "unblurry" as possible. Best of luck to you.

Return to “General Discussion”