Need advice on my NUCCA experience, please.

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Music
Family Elder

Re: Need advice on my NUCCA experience, please.

Post by Music »

Hi chowder1,

I think we will all have different experiences with NUCCA. Like Civickiller I am in a wheelchair. There were the initial x-rays and then my first adjustment in 2010…which was a WOW change to my structure. I have never had any changes in regards to my symptoms tho. My blood pressure was checked once in awhile and I usually had a thermal scan of my neck every visit. An instrument called a calliper measured my head to see how much head tilt I had. My adjustments have always been behind my right ear and never on my back or hips like Doug’s wife. I have not had an adjustment from the NUCCA chiros since the summer of 2013….my adjustments had become infrequent during my visits as I was holding most of the time. Have been seeing a chiro who uses a flexion-distraction table with some results structurally…..but no symptom improvements so far. The improvements I have gotten have been beneficial and worth it to me. You are still early in to NUCCA treatment…….I probably would give it a bit more time.

Take care.
DougL
Family Elder

Post by DougL »

Music wrote: My adjustments have always been behind my right ear and never on my back or hips like Doug’s wife.
just want to clarify that the NUCCA stuff is only on her ear as well but sometimes he does the back and hips like a regular chiro would do.

Diane - the doc feeling for 'tendor' spots happens with my wife as well. it sounds like the main difference is my wife gets up and walks between each adjustment.
Music
Family Elder

Post by Music »

I have been told that because I'm not walking there will be different outcomes. My hips are still not right. Walking is a key factor.
chowder1
Family Member

Post by chowder1 »

Hi, guys.
Had NUCCA adjustment today. Doc says the torque in my left leg is much better than when I started. Unfortunately, I just don't FEEL better. I've had 3 adjustments (out of over a dozen) that made me feel WONDERFUL-----lots of energy, walking normal. But, not anymore. But, I'll keep going twice a week till I can hold the adjustment longer. (Or until I go broke. haha I have 2 tween girls, mind you. $$$$)

Thanks, again
diane
chowder1
Family Member

Post by chowder1 »

Diane, again......

I continued with adjustments......Doc said on a scale from 1 to 10, my leg length was a nine. I started "feeling" better. Still couldn't walk, but my mood and outlook was soooo positive!! For 3 weeks! Told doc this was great even if I couldn't walk well. I was sleeping well and in a good mood. He said this is how it happens, everything starts working together:) happy happy

Then it abruptly stopped!!!! It's hard to fall asleep now, I wake up every few hours, and I have had bad dreams every night. What happened??? I tell the doc what has changed. "Well, lets make you feel better," he says. An adjustment......$45......out the door......no change.......Frustrated!!

It's been 4 months. Doc initially said 6 weeks.....then 12 weeks........"You'll be better by spring!," he said. He keeps putting off taking measurements again. I guess I will have to insist on them next time!

At one visit, after an adjustment, I stood up and he asked me how my leg felt. I said, "Um, just a minute, let me see, I want to make sure I'm not getting the placebo effect." He said, "We don't do the placebo thing here. You either feel better or you don't. It's real." And I'm in and out the door in 5 minutes. At the next visit, I ask, "How could I possibly have walked fine and had so much energy after an adjustment?" His reply, "Well, you felt so bad, we could have hit you over the head with a sledge hammer and you would have felt better." NOW, isn't that the placebo effect???? UGH!

Sorry.......venting.......
Daughter goes in braces in June. Don't know how much longer I will be able to afford a NUCCA treatment that isn't helping.
diane

I'm trying to be objective. (My wallet keeps me objective)
chowder1
Family Member

Post by chowder1 »

Well, I continued on with NUCCA. I really don't have may other options. But I have regressed.

For every step I take forward, I take 2 steps back. Leg feels like concrete and I'm so tired.

But I will continue and hope! I was able to graduate up to once a week in the month of April. But I feel, walk the same as in December.

I guess it is hard for me to understand...... If you are put in adjustment at a visit, and you have to go back for another adjustment because you are not able to "hold" the correct adjustment......then shouldn't the result of the adjustment feel the same?? I can understand the concept of not holding.......but am I really being put in adjustment each time?? Or is it just not to make the spots on my neck not hurt to the touch??

I'm missing something.....
DougL
Family Elder

Post by DougL »

my wife is also feeling like you - the treatment is no longer worth the money.

it helps her but not like it used to.

maybe its time to look into the jaw thing for her - maybe that is the cause and until you fix that, adjustments of her Atlas won't "hold"
chowder1
Family Member

Post by chowder1 »

Doug,

I'm sorry to hear that about your wife.

I've been thinking about the jaw thing too. I have no problems with my teeth. (Hey, I'm lucky in one aspect of life) So, I couldn't imagine how my jaw could be out of alignment. Then it hit me....... my midlines don't match up!! It has never caused an issue, my teeth are straight without braces, no crowding, no crossbite, no popping in TMJ, so it is easily overlooked. I'm gonna get a consultation with orthodontist to see how long braces would be needed to fix this. It's only off by 2mm, no severe overjet or overbite. We'll see......

Good luck to your wife & keep me posted.