sexual intercourse - possible cause of MS

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
astral7
Getting to Know You...

Re: sexual intercourse - possible cause of MS

Post by astral7 »

English is not my born language. I am from Czech Republic.
I would like if you correct my English mistakes in order to improve my English :-D
I only wanted to give here some ideas that is possible. And I believe that you see the point of my ideas..
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

astral7 wrote:You know that smokers have increased risk of MS. Current smokers have an increased risk of developing NAbs to IFNβ-1a
Then it is possible to imagine lungs as immune-reactive organ, reacting upon irritation.
Smokers live in a perpetual state of systemic, chronic inflammation. It's not surprising that they're more likely to produce neutralizing antibodies.
astral7
Getting to Know You...

EAE Is Aggravated by Candida albicans Infection.

Post by astral7 »

Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis Development Is Aggravated by Candida albicans Infection.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2596 ... t=Abstract
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candida_albicans
Candida albicans is a diploid fungus that grows both as yeast and filamentous cells and a causal agent of opportunistic oral and genital infections in humans ......
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I just wish MS caused sex.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
zjac020
Family Elder

Post by zjac020 »

I think there may be a link between lyme and coinfections (which are known to perfectly mimic/cause autoimmune issues) and sexual transmission. It would explain quite few cases ive seen of the wife having MS and a few years later hubby being diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis...
MSbro
Family Member

Post by MSbro »

It's no wonder that new members of this forum become very confused when trying to obtain info on MS! A lot of opinions without scientific backing. No wonder my brother (recent MS diagnosis) isn't doing anything at the moment for his MS.
zjac020
Family Elder

Post by zjac020 »

MSbro...your brother, just like most people here, has been diagnosed with a disease for which there is currently no direct cause identified and hence no cure.

Science usually follows a money trail. Some universities find promising starts to new MS investigations, but big pharm is mainly interested in treatments. Not cure, not causes, not diets, not exercise, not vitamins, not supplements...just treatments. If you know the pharma world like many of us here do, then youll know how they end up getting there way. You have a lot of "scientific backing" backing all the crab drugs, backing that they help. There is also some scientific backing (always with a substantially less funding) showing serious limitations with these drugs, and "glimpses" that many other factors are involved.

However, when you have a disease with so many influencing factors, finding that "silver bullet" that big pharma is looking for, is almost always going to be impossible.

If you research Lyme disease and co-infections you will find scientific backing, same for CCSVI, diet issues, exercise, saturdated fats, heavy metals, hepatitis B vaccines. Just dont expect the same scientific backing or interest as that exerted by the most powerfuly companies on earth.

You can tell you brother to request the tests Lyme tests if he wishes. All national health services will only pay at most for the most basic/limited (and generally useless) Lyme tests. The good ones cost several thousand dollars/euros. Good luck in getting the state to pay for that...

Your brother has no alternative than to become his own doctor. Two years ago many people on here told me the exact same thing having just been diagnosed. Good thing i've always been curious and having worked for big pharma was well aware how our modern world works (for good and bad), and i was able to consciously make a decision (to date its proved to be the right one, but who knows what the future holds).

Two facts about MS: It is a marathon, not a sprint. And its a maze, not a circuit track.
MSbro
Family Member

Post by MSbro »

zjac020 wrote:MSbro...your brother, just like most people here, has been diagnosed with a disease for which there is currently no direct cause identified and hence no cure.

I guess, as usual...money always talks and controls! Seems to me that big pharma makes a killing off MS patients but in the long run their drugs don't do too much for them. Yes, my brother was tested for Lyme disease but the results were negative. I'm beginning to understand why he (and so many others I have read about on this forum) just don't trust those who preach that you have to take their expensive drugs. Kind of sad.
MrChris
Family Member

Post by MrChris »

Msbro,

Your brother should be seeing a Neurologist who specializes in MS. You want a Dr who will treat the disease aggressively. In my opinion and the opinion of many health care professional It is critical to seek and start treatment during the early onset of this disease.

Unfortunately nobody has answeres...because at this point there are none. The first person that proclaims they do..RUN
zjac020
Family Elder

Post by zjac020 »

Just don't expect many neurologists to even mention the effectiveness and benefits of CCSVI, removing heavy metals, treating candida, taking LDN or vitamin D (at slightly higher doses) on MS. That isnt what they are trained or paid to do, even if it is in the patients interest.
MrChris
Family Member

Post by MrChris »

As far as ms and sexual intercourse.

MS is not an infectious disease and can not be transmitted from person to person. I think the appropriate question would be; could a sexually transmitted virus trigger the disease?

There are roughly 140 genes that have been identified and are directly associated with multiple sclerosis. But the hypothesis is that genetics alone can not stimulate ms. There has to be a trigger. Is the trigger a virus, bacterial, enviromental..... ect ect. No body knows because there are too many variables.
zjac020
Family Elder

Post by zjac020 »

In my opinion it may well be as MrChris has stated, some kind of sexually transmitted virus/bateria/pathogen may trigger the MS, once the ground is layed out by several other factors (low level of vitamin D, having had Epsteing Bar, poor nutrition, etc etc.). Im not going to go into detail here but I have always suspected in my case that it could have been triggered in this way.

And as MrChris has said, that is very different to it being sexually trasnmitable. If it has been misdiagnosed, and what the patient actually has is Lyme (some estimate it could be Lyme in 10% of cases), then yes Lyme does seem to be sexually transmittable, hence why it has become endemic in some states in the US...
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Life is a chronic disease transmitted by sexual intercourse and curable only by death. (apologies to Spike Milligan)
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
MrChris
Family Member

Post by MrChris »

You know how the old saying goes. There are only 2 guarantees in life; Death & Taxes. :lol:
MSbro
Family Member

Post by MSbro »

MrChris wrote:Msbro,

Your brother should be seeing a Neurologist who specializes in MS. You want a Dr who will treat the disease aggressively. In my opinion and the opinion of many health care professional It is critical to seek and start treatment during the early onset of this disease.

Unfortunately nobody has answeres...because at this point there are none. The first person that proclaims they do..RUN
My brother is seeing a neurologist but I'm not sure if his practice is totally with MS. From what I have read starting treatment early provides no further benefits than waiting to see the progression and severity of the disease. Many of the neurologists want to give you the drugs that they are familiar with but like the other poster noted, they know nothing or very little about alternative treatments. It seems that keeping your body as healthy as possible with many of the other treatments does one at least as well if not better than taking these very powerful drugs which can have very, very nasty side effects.
Last edited by MSbro on Wed May 27, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”