Tremors

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
AdiosMS
Getting to Know You...

Tremors

Post by AdiosMS »

I recently had an episode of uncontrolled "shivering." I would shiver and shake for maybe 10-15 minutes, then it would subside for a while, then come back. This went on all afternoon and evening. When I woke up the next day, it was gone. I don't even know if it was M.S. or something else, since I don't have the flu or cold or anything else.
I do not take DMDs.

Thoughts, anyone?
bebe4

Re: Tremors

Post by bebe4 »

Hi,

I was just reading some posts on this blog and wanted to share my experience with this issue. I'm 28 years old, been diagnosed for a year now. I am on rebif and take my shots before bedtime. I usually take one or 2 tylenols after my injection. Last week, I forgot to take the tylenol, went to bed, fell asleep and woke up shivering. It went on for hours, and it was unstoppable too. Thick pjs, blankets, magic bag...nothing worked, it eventually stopped around 5 am. It happened to me quite a few times, I thought it was because I forgot to take my tylenol after my shot.

AdiosMS, you don't take any meds and you still got the shivers though :? did it happen to you again? Do you have rrms? How do you feel without any dmds? I'm confused cause I'd like to get off rebif...

centenarian100
Family Elder

Post by centenarian100 »

Bebe: it sounds like you developed rigors from the rebif, but adios's situation is different

Can you tell us more about your situation adios?
Do you have any tremor normally with MS
have you been drinking alcohol, taking benzodiazepines or anything else that can cause tremor in withdrawal
any other medical problems?
AdiosMS
Getting to Know You...

Post by AdiosMS »

I went to the MS doctor about the shivering and tremors, and I was not experiencing it at that moment, so he could not visualize. He said it was not MS. ???. I was, also, taking propafenone for afib. The uncontrolled shaking, shivering got so bad, I went to the emergency room. All they did was give me I.V. Adivan to calm me down. I stopped taking propafenone, and the symptoms went away.
I guess my question basically is: what exactly are M.S. shivers, chills, shakes? Sometimes I have weird symptoms, and I don't know if it's M.S. or some other problem. I am spending a lot of time running to different doctors.

The cardiologist, who is extremely experienced, said he never heard of that kind of reaction to propafenone.
M.S. doctor says it's not M.S.

You can see my dilemma. Just don't know where to turn.

Any suggestions, descriptions of M.S. tremors and/or shakes and chills appreciated.

Ugh!!
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

AdiosMS wrote:I went to the MS doctor about the shivering and tremors, and I was not experiencing it at that moment, so he could not visualize. He said it was not MS. ???. I was, also, taking propafenone for afib. The uncontrolled shaking, shivering got so bad, I went to the emergency room. All they did was give me I.V. Adivan to calm me down. I stopped taking propafenone, and the symptoms went away.
I guess my question basically is: what exactly are M.S. shivers, chills, shakes? Sometimes I have weird symptoms, and I don't know if it's M.S. or some other problem. I am spending a lot of time running to different doctors.

The cardiologist, who is extremely experienced, said he never heard of that kind of reaction to propafenone.
M.S. doctor says it's not M.S.

You can see my dilemma. Just don't know where to turn.

Any suggestions, descriptions of M.S. tremors and/or shakes and chills appreciated.

Ugh!!
I am not acquainted with the drug propafenone; check the drug package insert for possible side effects, or call a pharmacist to get the information – doctors are not always up to date on drugs, their side effects, or a possible interaction with another drug you are taking.

I think the MS doctor that told you your shivering/chills and tremors were NOT MS is wrong – almost any symptom seems possible at some time with this disease. I had especially bad, uncontrollable shivering when taking a couple of the disease-modifying drugs (DMD's).

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Return to “General Discussion”