Having a tough time.

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
User avatar
HarryZ
Family Elder
Posts: 2570
Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 2:00 pm
Location: London, ON, Canada
Contact:

Re: Having a tough time.

Post by HarryZ » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:48 pm

ribeye wrote:I was never pushed or forced into taking any drug for ms. Ever. I wanted an MRI to prove I was not crazy with my symptoms. The ms meds I have taken were by choice. If someone says a neurologist will force you to take a drug is full of it. You may be told the med will help and feel pressured to take it, but you cannot be forced to take it.
You are absolutely correct Ribeye and the choice to take any MS drug is left up to the patient. While a doc may suggest or recommend a drug, they can't force you to take one. Unfortunately, as you have read, there are always some people who make up information and then state it as fact. Sad but true.

Kronk
Family Elder
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Having a tough time.

Post by Kronk » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:51 pm

ElliotB wrote: The OP has stated her desire about not having a MRI/Spinal Tap. This should be respected IMHO.
The OP asked for suggestions which is what was provided. Also she stated a burning pain up the side of her spine, how does a reduction in fatigue help that?

Sorry Marian, topics seem to be more a battleground of competing ideas and agendas before a support network. Maybe take a look through peoples regimens and see what is working for them. Then apply the trial and error which it sounds like you are well versed in... Best of Luck!

vesta
Family Elder
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:10 am
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: Having a tough time.

Post by vesta » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:33 am

Hello Marian99:

MY FIVE STEPS TO MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS HEALTH

1. DETOXIFY

2. OPTIMAL NUTRITION AND SUPPLEMENTS

3. ENHANCE BLOOD/CEREBROSPINAL FLUID CIRCULATION - CCSVI
Simple blood/cerebrospinal fluid circulation thérapies such massage, acupuncture, neuro-muscular electrical stimulation (Terry Wahls uses), osteopathy, or swimming may suffice. I do daily Tens self acupressure treatments to stay afloat and try to get an acupuncture or osteopathic treatment once a month. A serious venous blockage may require a series of NUCCA chiropractic adjustments to relieve a skeletal obstruction, surgery or ANGIOPLASTY (see CCSVI thread).

4. FIFTEEN MINUTES OF SUNLIGHT DAILY or UV lamp to strengthen the endothelium and blood circulation.

5. EXERCISE BUILD UP PROGRESSIVELY

I see no reason to do a spinal tap, and need a really good reason to do an MRI since it throws the electromagnetic field out of balance. (If you do one, try to get an acupuncture treatment afterwards.)

I think you have the right idea, just add some blood circulation therapies which might take care of the burning sensation on the spine. (A shiatsu massage did that for me.) I'm 66 and strongly believe had I known about the blood circulation issue (CCSVI) 20 years ago I probably wouldn't need a cane today. It may be the steps you took for arthritis actually delayed these "MS" symptoms.

Regards, Vesta

MS Cure Enigmas.net

want2bike
Family Elder
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Having a tough time.

Post by want2bike » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:30 am

You people who have never been pushed or force to take a drug are very lucky. Guess it depends on how you view the words PUSHED or FORCED. Ever heard of a doctors saying you take the treatment or you will die. You take the treatment are you will end up in a wheelchair. You take the treatment or you find another doctor. You take the treatment or I will see your insurance refuses to cover you. You get your children vaccinated or we will take them away. You get your children vaccinated or they can't go to school. They have their ways of pushing you and forcing you to sell their drugs. Maybe it would be good for them to explain to everyone they are the leading cause of death in our country then you would not be so quick to accept their treatment.

http://www.healingdaily.com/Doctors-Are ... the-US.htm

User avatar
HarryZ
Family Elder
Posts: 2570
Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 2:00 pm
Location: London, ON, Canada
Contact:

Re: Having a tough time.

Post by HarryZ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:42 am

want2bike wrote:You people who have never been pushed or force to take a drug are very lucky. Guess it depends on how you view the words PUSHED or FORCED. Ever heard of a doctors saying you take the treatment or you will die. You take the treatment are you will end up in a wheelchair. You take the treatment or you find another doctor. You take the treatment or I will see your insurance refuses to cover you. You get your children vaccinated or we will take them away. You get your children vaccinated or they can't go to school. They have their ways of pushing you and forcing you to sell their drugs. Maybe it would be good for them to explain to everyone they are the leading cause of death in our country then you would not be so quick to accept their treatment.
Like I said, some people like to fear monger and make sweeping comments painting everything with the same brush. Because it happened to "me" then this must be the case for everyone! Doctors are liars, the FDA employees are all criminals, vaccines are all poisons and only used to make people rich etc etc etc. With attitudes like this it must make life very bitter. How very sad.

User avatar
DougL
Family Elder
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:00 pm

Re: Having a tough time.

Post by DougL » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:43 am

HarryZ wrote:... it must make life very bitter. How very sad.
sad indeed.

want2bike
Family Elder
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Having a tough time.

Post by want2bike » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:02 am

What is sad is that people come here to get alternative information. They can get the standard MD information from their MD who is trained in the system of drugs. They do not need people here telling them there is no hope. Just do the drugs and go along with the system. There is a better way and we do not need a bunch of doctor types taking away their hope. That is what is sad.

Kronk
Family Elder
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Having a tough time.

Post by Kronk » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:51 am

want2bike wrote:...people come here to get alternative information...
That is NOT why I come here. This Is MS. I come here to get opinions from people who have MS, or have experience with it. You have NEITHER of these qualifiers and yet flood the forum with your anti-establishment rhetoric. You have stated that you do not have MS, why do you insist on harrassing those who do?

Your opinions have no credibility whatsoever behind them and only serve to instill fear in others.

User avatar
HarryZ
Family Elder
Posts: 2570
Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 2:00 pm
Location: London, ON, Canada
Contact:

Re: Having a tough time.

Post by HarryZ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:01 am

want2bike wrote:What is sad is that people come here to get alternative information. They can get the standard MD information from their MD who is trained in the system of drugs. They do not need people here telling them there is no hope. Just do the drugs and go along with the system. There is a better way and we do not need a bunch of doctor types taking away their hope. That is what is sad.
Wanna, your interpretation of what I and others have been trying to tell you is amazingly incorrect. Nobody is telling new readers that there is no hope. What we are telling the readers who read your incredibly bitter posts against medicine is to be aware of those who use fear mongering to try and get their point across. What else do you call it when someone says doctors are liars, FDA employees are criminals and the makers of vaccines want to poison us all to they can make a lot of money?

There is a ton of alternative ideas on TIMS and the people who give this information don't resort to calling people or organizations nasty names. Believe it or not there are a lot of doctors out there who don't like giving their patients drugs that won't work and my departed wife's neurologist was one of them. Another of her neuros prescribed Prokarin, an alternative MS medicine that he knew little about but saw how it benefited her.

Wanna, you had a very bad experience with one doctor who I would have fired the first time I saw him. But you can't rely totally on that one experience and preach that all doctors are like that and then use fear mongering to impress the readers here. Give your alternative ideas and whatever but don't consistently berate established medicine with a lot of personal nonsense. It isn't needed, wanted or appreciated here.

want2bike
Family Elder
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Having a tough time.

Post by want2bike » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:28 am

Mr. Kronk you are the one who states I never had MS. I have never said that. A doctor I saw said I showed signs of MS in my lower body. The doctor never put a label on what I had. Some have MS and never get diagnose just like some do not have MS and get diagnose. Fact is you do not know for sure you have MS. Just because you have the symptoms does not mean you have MS. You choose to believe the doctor. Doctors get it wrong all the time. Just because you have symptoms of MS does not mean you have MS. Do not think it is your job to tell me I didn't have MS.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... -BITE.html

User avatar
HarryZ
Family Elder
Posts: 2570
Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 2:00 pm
Location: London, ON, Canada
Contact:

Re: Having a tough time.

Post by HarryZ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:25 am

want2bike wrote:Mr. Kronk you are the one who states I never had MS. I have never said that. A doctor I saw said I showed signs of MS in my lower body. The doctor never put a label on what I had. Some have MS and never get diagnose just like some do not have MS and get diagnose. Fact is you do not know for sure you have MS. Just because you have the symptoms does not mean you have MS. You choose to believe the doctor. Doctors get it wrong all the time. Just because you have symptoms of MS does not mean you have MS. Do not think it is your job to tell me I didn't have MS
Just when I thought I had seen the pinnacle of irrational comments from Wanna, I read this!! I didn't say that I never had MS....I have never been diagnosed because you really don't know for sure if you have been diagnosed correctly or not....so if you have symptoms of MS you may not have it or you may have it and the doctors get it wrong all the time...so it isn't your job to tell me I don't have MS....or was it it's not your job to tell me I have MS...or was it the other way around!!! Yep, makes a lot of sense to me...or maybe it doesn't.

want2bike
Family Elder
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Having a tough time.

Post by want2bike » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:25 pm

Nothing I say will make sense to you Harry because you are in the medical world. You come from the world of the doctor having all knowledge and healing is not possible. Your solution is to take the drugs or vaccine and don't ask any questions. The doctor is always right and if he is not right get a second opinion. That can be hard to do once you are dead. You keep pushing the drugs of your world and I will continue to push the natural healing of my world. It is important to choose wisely because sometimes you only get one chance.

User avatar
HarryZ
Family Elder
Posts: 2570
Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 2:00 pm
Location: London, ON, Canada
Contact:

Re: Having a tough time.

Post by HarryZ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:56 pm

want2bike wrote:Nothing I say will make sense to you Harry because you are in the medical world. You come from the world of the doctor having all knowledge and healing is not possible. Your solution is to take the drugs or vaccine and don't ask any questions. The doctor is always right and if he is not right get a second opinion. That can be hard to do once you are dead. You keep pushing the drugs of your world and I will continue to push the natural healing of my world. It is important to choose wisely because sometimes you only get one chance.
Well you've got one thing right, Wanna....nothing you say makes sense to me because you don't make sense!!

Just to prove that you say I come "from the world of the doctor having all knowledge and healing is not possible!" Hmmm..not really sure what that means but it certainly doesn't make any sense.

My solution is to take the drugs or vaccine and don't ask any questions. Hmmm, I don't take any drugs at the moment, haven't for a long time and haven't had a vaccine for ages. So again, your comment doesn't make any sense.

And if I go to a doctor for a problem I'll end up dead. Now that makes a lot of sense,doesn't it Wanna?!!

I have no problem with you subscribing to the natural world...but I do have a problem when you go beyond that and trash medicine with accusations and false information just because you don't agree with it.

Looks like you are a very bitter person Wanna who uses fear mongering to try and give people medical advice for which you have no qualifications, knowledge or common sense. And you certainly don't make sense in what you write!

ribeye
Family Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: Having a tough time.

Post by ribeye » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:41 pm

Back to the original post, I would love a cure, too. Try anything you can to help yourself. Take all advice and decide what is right for you. My GP has ms and said it is OK to try DMD,natural,chiropractic or what makes you feel better. Just be aware of some BS magic cure.

I am thrilled Wahls is doing fine, but her approach was certainly not an all natural one.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussion”