Intermittant fasting

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
want2bike
Family Elder

Intermittant fasting

Post by want2bike »

Dr. Mosley tell us about how the intermittent fasting has reverse his diabetes. The purpose of fasting is to allow your body to repair itself. The body spends most of it's energy processing food. If your body is not processing the food you eat it has more energy to repair itself.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... =624314713
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Intermittant fasting

Post by ElliotB »

Dr. Wahls also recommends fasting daily, eating only two meals per day. While it may seem like a difficult task, if you follow her diet recommendations, you simply are not hungry through the day (I know from personal experience).
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

I skip breakfast and try and eat between the hours of noon to 6PM. I eat mostly raw fruits and vegetables which works well for me. Fasting gives the body time to heal disease. Some people with MS have benefited from fasting. A long fast should be done under medical supervision but intermittent fasting can be done safely. No one is going to die because they do not eat breakfast. Fact is we are eating too much. I see this everyday. Too many people are overweight. Along with fasting the diet is key to treating MS or any other disease. Many get better when they do the right thing. The MD will tell us you cannot do anything but take the drugs but that is not true. We can heal MS by doing the right things. We only need the information so we know what to do. You will not get that information from the MD. Let the people who healed their MS explain it. They do not do it with the drugs or the approval of their doctor.

HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

The MD will tell us you cannot do anything but take the drugs but that is not true.
Your comment is not true. Many MDs are very hesitant to prescribe drugs depending on what your ailment may be. My MD comes under this category. Some MDs do presribe drugs too easily and that is not right. You can't paint all MDs with the same brush.
We only need the information so we know what to do. You will not get that information from the MD.
Another wrong comment. There are thousands and thousands of MDs in the world who have given good information to MS patients. You have no idea what they are telling their patients so you can't possibly say they can't give the correct info to them.

Please stop making comments you have no way of backing up. It isn't fair to new readers. Fortunately the more established readers here don't believe you anyway.
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

MD directed medicine is based on drugs. DO directed medicine is based on nutrition. Those are the facts. Harry, you do not want the facts are you would have to admit the MD's are killing people with their procedures. No one has ever been killed by eating fruits and vegetables. MD's are not trained in nutrition. They are trained in drugs. No MD has every told me about the value of nutrition in treating disease. Did you ever have an MD tell you "Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food". If the they did they would subject themselves to jail time. I had to get the information myself. You could go to DO to get the information but why. It is all free on the internet. You just have to do it. Many will not do it because they are not sick enough. When you get as sick as I was it is nice to know there is a way out. The MD and their drugs is not the way.
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

want2bike wrote:MD directed medicine is based on drugs. DO directed medicine is based on nutrition.
You can't make a blanket statement like that to cover every doctor on earth. It's simply wrong whether you want to recognize it or not.
Those are the facts. Harry, you do not want the facts are you would have to admit the MD's are killing people with their procedures.
No Wanna, those are the facts according to Wanna! You are living in a world of fantasy and delusion all because of what one doctor said to you years ago. Gee it must be a sad life to be so bitter.
No one has ever been killed by eating fruits and vegetables.
And nobody with MS has ever been cured by eating fruits and vegetables.
MD's are not trained in nutrition. They are trained in drugs. No MD has every told me about the value of nutrition in treating disease.
Again, more incorrect statements where you paint everyone with the same brush. Don't you ever get tired of accusing the same people with the same thing, over and over again. How many MD's are there in the US and how many MDs have spoken to you? I guess if it's been a few then that means all of them?!! Maybe if you saw a doctor who specialized in nutrition you might get a different answer. But you won't do that because that would destroy your entire bitter world of accusations.
Did you ever have an MD tell you "Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food". If the they did they would subject themselves to jail time.
I really can't believe what I'm reading from you!! Somebody who believes that really does have a problem. You have brought stupid comments to an all time high. At least the readers here are reading first hand what kind of delusions you really have.
I had to get the information myself. You could go to DO to get the information but why. It is all free on the internet. You just have to do it. Many will not do it because they are not sick enough. When you get as sick as I was it is nice to know there is a way out. The MD and their drugs is not the way.
What did I just say in the paragraph above!
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

Yes Harry, I gave you a list of people who were cured of their MS by eating fruits and vegetables but you refuse to believe them. I gave you an article from JAMA showing MD directed medicine is leading cause of death in our country and you refuse to believe it. Roger MacDougal was another person who cured his MS with food but you will not believe him. Fortunately you do not have MS so doesn't matter but your comments may give hope to others that they will get better if they listen to their MD and do the drugs. The MD has a monetary reason for putting people on the drugs but what is your reason? Someday we all will answer for our deeds.

http://www.direct-ms.org/rogermcdougall.html
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

want2bike wrote:Yes Harry, I gave you a list of people who were cured of their MS by eating fruits and vegetables but you refuse to believe them.
Yeah right Wanna, cured of their MS by eating fruits and vegetables. What are you smoking this morning?

Roger MacDougal was another person who cured his MS with food but you will not believe him.
My goodness...more MS cures by eating food!! You better get online to everyone with MS and have them run to the grocery store to get their cure. Wow, just amazing, Wanna, just amazing.
Fortunately you do not have MS so doesn't matter but your comments may give hope to others that they will get better if they listen to their MD and do the drugs. The MD has a monetary reason for putting people on the drugs but what is your reason? Someday we all will answer for our deeds.
You don't have MS either and your comments are irresponsible, misleading and without basis. My aunt Martha eats vegetables and that cured her MS. My uncle Jeff eats lots of fruits and his MS has been cured as well. These claims are a dime a dozen and fill the internet by the likes of people like you. Suggesting to people that it cures a disease that has no known cause despite 80 years of research.

But Wanna, you know better than all these scientists, all these doctors, all these researchers. How did you ever manage to be so smart and knowledgeable? Oh I forgot, you listen to Dr. Mercola and Dr. Bergman, experts in their field...well experts in sucking in people like you and eventually taking their money just like you accuse the medical profession of doing.

And yes, you will answer for your deeds..the deeds of trying to fool people with phoney cures and fanatical comments. Please post elsewhere as TIMS readers are far smarter than you give them credit.
Yodi
Getting to Know You...

Post by Yodi »

lol ???

I have PPMS and therefore take no drugs. Fasting, vegetarian food - I tried but without success.

Healthy eating will help one or the other to feel better but it is definitely not THE solution to cure MS
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

When you say you are fasting and on a vegetarian diet that does not tell it all. There are many ways of fasting just as there are many ways of being a vegetarian. A vegetarian eats no animals but sugar, gluten, dairy, and process foods may be on the menu. There are different types of fasting. Sorry whatever you are doing is not working. We have to keep trying until we find out what works. It took Roger MacDougall two years before he saw any results from what he was doing. It takes many years of doing bad things to make us sick and we may not get well overnight. For sure taking the drugs for MS is not the answer. Keep in mind diet is but one thing in getting our health back. We need proper sleep, exercise, prayer and meditation. We need to have joy in our life. We all will die someday but it would be nice to be happy during the journey. This is a better path than believing the MD when he tell us there is no hope. It would be so sad to think there is no cure for disease. Many have found the cure and hope you can find it someday.
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

You are right Harry. I do not have the symptoms of MS anymore. All my symptoms are gone. The double vision, dizziness, muscle spasms, pins and needles in my arm, dead feeling in my toes, nausea, chronic fatigue syndrome are all gone. For over five years they have been gone. Doesn't that mean I have been cured and do not have MS. I got rid of drugs. I got rid of the mercury in my mouth. Started eating a mostly raw food diet. Proper sleep, exercise, prayer and meditations and all my symptoms of MS disappeared. It worked for me and it is only right I let others know there is a better path than the stupid drugs the MD wants to give you. Many of us have gotten better when we stop listening to the stupid MD's.
Tengoem

Post by Tengoem »

want2bike wrote:Dr. Mosley tell us about how the intermittent fasting has reverse his diabetes. The purpose of fasting is to allow your body to repair itself. The body spends most of it's energy processing food. If your body is not processing the food you eat it has more energy to repair itself.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... =624314713

Dr Mosley doesn't have Type2 diabetes. Mercola has this wrong. I know, because I have the Fast book and am a member of their discussion forum. I love this diet and way of eating. I still have MS though.

You mentioned Roger McDougall - he was never officially diagnosed with MS and died in the 70s. I also follow his gluten-free diet. It has helped me keep mobile and with less pain for nearly 10 years. Guess what? I still have MS.
You, Wanna haven't even got a diagnosis of MS. Did you have an MRI? Or was is just mentioned as a possible reason for your symptoms?
Why do you keep trying to mislead the newly diagnosed?

I have MS. It is well treated and I am mobile. It is down to luck, RRMS, diet and yes, a raw diet helped, but also Rebif, Fampyra and various drugs for malignant hypertension.
Only a fool would claim that any one thing is a 'cure' or 'remission' for MS. MS is more complicated than you or I know.
So, as they say in the US - 'fess up. Did you have a diagnosis of MS? What type?
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

Don't know where your information comes from but Dr. Mosley tell you in his video he was diagnose with diabetes. Roger MacDougall tell us he was checked out by one the best neurologist and he had all the signs of MS. Sounds like you are a big believer in drugs. You keep putting poison in your body you should not expect to get better. MS is pretty simple. You stop putting poison in your body and do the things which help the body to heal you get better. If you keep doing what the MD prescribes you will not get better. Doesn't matter how many carrots you eat. Drugs are poison and they kill people. Obviously I never had MS because I am cured and we all know there is no cure for MS, right?
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

want2bike wrote:You are right Harry. I do not have the symptoms of MS anymore. All my symptoms are gone. The double vision, dizziness, muscle spasms, pins and needles in my arm, dead feeling in my toes, nausea, chronic fatigue syndrome are all gone. For over five years they have been gone. Doesn't that mean I have been cured and do not have MS. I got rid of drugs. I got rid of the mercury in my mouth. Started eating a mostly raw food diet. Proper sleep, exercise, prayer and meditations and all my symptoms of MS disappeared. It worked for me and it is only right I let others know there is a better path than the stupid drugs the MD wants to give you. Many of us have gotten better when we stop listening to the stupid MD's.
There are many different diseases that could give you those symptoms. You don't know and you say that you are cured from MS that you weren't even diagnosed with??!! You accuse doctors of lying yet what you are trying to tell people on TIMS is supposed to be believed?! Like I said Wanna, more and more people here see right through your nonsense and are starting to speak up.

But I will agree with one thing....you got rid of a lot of things including the ability to reason and common sense. Again, please go and post somewhere else. The readers here are becoming fed up with your garbage.
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

MS is pretty simple.
Sometimes people say things that totally become a smoking gun to whatever they have tried to convince others of in the past. Your comment goes even beyond that! You are a sad, sad individual Wanna and anyone who says MS is simple is proof beyond belief.