Lower Back Pain Qnd Restricted Movement?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Madaket78

Lower Back Pain Qnd Restricted Movement?

Post by Madaket78 »

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I have been having lower back pain which is not bad when I am not moving. But I am finding it more and more difficult to do things like bend over or twist around. My range of motion from my waist is becoming greatly compromised. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanks!
Loriyas
Family Elder

Re: Lower Back Pain Qnd Restricted Movement?

Post by Loriyas »

I have experience lower back pain for almost 2 years now. I see a chiropractor regularly and the adjustments have made the pain almost non-existent. I swear by chiropractic treatment-as long as you find a really good one who understands the body.
Cammie
Family Member

Post by Cammie »

I am in a relapse and have a lot of pain settled into my lower back. But it isn't anything a chiropractor can handle, because it is due to MS, not the type of back pain I used to see a chiropractor for. I do not yet know what to do about it. :sad:
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

Cammie wrote:I am in a relapse and have a lot of pain settled into my lower back. But it isn't anything a chiropractor can handle, because it is due to MS, not the type of back pain I used to see a chiropractor for. I do not yet know what to do about it. :sad:
Cammie, with your age, history of taking B Complex, and symptoms (brain fog, painful spasms, now this lower back pain), I wonder if any of your doctors have ever thoroughly tested you for a possible vitamin B 12 deficiency. (The high folic acid in a B complex can mask a B12 deficiency.)

The first test, a serum B12 test, is relatively inexpensive ($90), is a pretty easy blood test, and would be the place to start. However, remember that labs in the US have low, outdated standard ranges. With your neurological symptoms, you should aim to achieve blood levels of 1000 pg/mL – methyl B12 injections would probably be necessary to boost your level to 1000.

If an investigation into possible B12 deficiency has not been done, discuss it with your GP.
ton
Family Member

Post by ton »

I found that when I take a tablet of rodinac 75 -sodic diclofenac- at night
(not every day because it reduces the effect) the next day I wake up with less spasticity,
and less fatigue and without pain.
My doctor says that the medication is not designed for that. But it helps me a lot.
Question: anyone knows about studies on this?