Benign MS

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
KarenBenignMS

Benign MS

Post by KarenBenignMS »

Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed a few years ago with MS but thought for sure the doctor was wrong because I was perfectly fine except for "split vision". When this one symptom recurred last year I was once again diagnosed with MS but the neurologist suggests that it is a benign form that probably would not progress any further.

Every once in a while, I would experience extreme fatigue that would put my out of commission for a week or more- Is this an MS symptom? I always thought it was because I work too many hours, however this time it occurred right after vacation. I took vitamin D upon my doctor's suggestion and immediately improved, however now I also have the sensation that I'm floating in water, buoyant and weightless- it is worse when I lie down.

Should I go back to my doctor?
Kronk
Family Elder

Re: Benign MS

Post by Kronk »

Hi Karen, I often struggle with what is an MS symptom and what is just getting old… just realize that your MS is just a part of your life and live it. Whether you brand fatigue as MS or as overdoing it the feeling still exists either way. Your doctor really isn’t going to be able to do much for your MS unless you want to start a DMD or you have an exacerbation that requires steroids. I track my symptoms and suspected symptoms and meet with my neurologist once per year to discuss. I have fatigue regularly but I don’t ever get 8hrs sleep and I have a busy job and 2 kids under 6. Is it MS? or is it life? I realized that whatever caused it doesn’t really matter. I just try and rest or exercise and get on with my day.

On a side note If you are out of commission for a week i would think you may want to try a steroid to speed up recovery. If my life is significantly impacted by a relapse i will try a steroid. if not i ride it out.

Welcome to TiMS and best of luck!
KarenBenignMS

Post by KarenBenignMS »

Thank you Kronk!
TeresaL
Family Member

Post by TeresaL »

I was dx w MS 26 yrs ago..20 yrs ago told it was benign MS...15 yrs ago role I had late stage Lyme/vi infections. I got Lyme when 10....I think it triggered the MS I would get lyme testing w Igenex labs in CA ASAP

Return to “General Discussion”