my sister

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
abrother

my sister

Post by abrother »

in the name of Allah the Most Merciful.first of all thank god for all the blessings and graces. hello everybody, im 28years old man . my 32years old sister had a ms. she is married with two kids . its been around 6 years now since we discovered that she has the ms .she is on medication now . long story short ive been reading about the marijuana as a medicine for the ms . thank god i dont use it nor my sister . a year ago i started reading and learning alot about weed but never tried it and i never want to insha Allah . but im thinking about travelling to a european country to buy some auto flowering feminized seeds to make a little farm in my house to grow it for my sister . ive even read how to make edibles also how to make capsules. i want to make it in capsules coz i know her(since we were kids shes really picky with the taste of food) and from what ive learned the taste of weed is horrible and hard to hide. i will cook in way that wouldnt get her high.i wont transform the thca form to thc we dont want that,i know how to it but would it be useful if after the cooking the acid remains thca(the form that doesnt get u high) ? i think a strain thats called snoopchurch(a 100% indica) is good for ms patients. and did any of u guys tried it before as a medicine for the ms? and which strain is the best? what is the best way to make edible(is it neccessary to transform the acid into thc?) and my final question is : does it really work? do u advise me to use it for my sister? i love her i dont want to mess up ,specially that she is extremelly emotional paranoid anxies, i have to be really very very carefull, so if u have some knowledge about that matter even a tiny info. then let me know about it . coz i have to decide if im going to do it or not within these two weeks so i can manage my schedule my work my house everything for travelling(cant order it through email for some reasons) . the snoopchurch strain needs time to harvest around 8 weeks to harvest , thats why im in a hurry to know if its the way to go or not. so let me know anything u know about that .

thanks for the time and effort
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: my sister

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

It is nice to see you are interested in your sisters welfare. Perhaps, as she is the one with MS, you should ask her about her symptoms before you start on any path. The treatment is not a cure. It is for relief of pain. Has she said that is her main problem? Make sure the help you provide is the help that suits her best. What treatment does she use at this stage?

Regards
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

There is an interesting article in this months issue of National Geographic with regard to medical marijuana. You may want to read it. (If you cannot get a hard copy of the magazine in your area, I believe it is available online.)

There are several options to the use of marijuana for medical purposes besides smoking it.

I live in Florida and CBD oil has been legalized here and will be available in a few months, and I plan on trying it to see if it helps control my pain.

Apparently marijuana can be used to make tea that is high in CBD oil. There Is plenty of information online on how to do this.

Hope your sister is feeling better soon.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

That is a good point. Medical grade marijuana is not a harvest yourself product. It would be strictly quality controlled.

This Wikipedia summary may help. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_cannabis

The point is we are not looking at a standardized product and that makes comparisons difficult.

Regards
abrother

Post by abrother »

her medication is interferon but she just changed it into the new version with the longer half life . she got really tired and 17 days left to complete a month of the new medication . her husband and me used to inject her every single day when she was on the past medication unlike the new one . her husband is a good man . i told him listen u have a hard job and i have a job too and my sister is a retired teacher because of ms n she needs care at least someone has to b around all the time . he accepted to leave their home and live with my family in my house . it is a large one thanks to Allah . and we all have seen her going through stuff . for your information i divorced my wife for my sister coz i caught her (more than once) yelling at my sister i was really disappointed with her and u know that yelling at a ms patient or scaring them is a big no no. and ive already told her how to deal with my sister . im not going to talk bad about her all i say is may Allah lead us and her to the right path and forgive us. to me?my sister's toe nail is more precious than all women around the world and im proud to say that .she is really tired..ive been told go for the snoopchurch strain grow it and try it and ive decided to try very low doses on her and the way im going to cook the weed wouldnt transform any thca to thc,so we are not worried about the (high) insha Allah . i will make her a coco milkshake ingested with it(it would also contain a high cbd level) because that strain is a 100% indica and known for that high cbd level and moderate thc . il b monitaring her all the time . i will keep u guys informed . thanks alot u have been really helpfull
Last edited by abrother on Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
EricDrake
Family Member

Post by EricDrake »

Hey,

I just found this recent study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2610 ... t=Abstract

If your sister has brain lesions cannabis might be not the best idea since it results in more cognitive deficit.
abrother

Post by abrother »

thank god you told me . thanks alot man .yes she does have brain lesions . i thought all ms patients has it . i was going to talk to my manager this week to manage my holidays to travel and buy the seeds . im going to stay away from cannabis . u know what ,she also has a short memory loss since she was a teenager . and cannabis would make it worst even for healthy uninfected people its bad for their memory in general . so cannabis is a bad idea for ms patients . at least my sister
EricDrake
Family Member

Post by EricDrake »

I would suggest taking some vitamin d3 if you are not using it already, it is not going to make wonders but there are more and more studies that indicates that it has some positive effects on MS, and it is just a vitamin you can buy it anywhere.

Also we have this group on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BiotinForProgressiveMS/

It is mostly about a new emerging therapy (biotin) but there are discussions about other suplements that patients are taking (b1, b complex vitamin d etc) and they share their experiences. But you can also read about these on this forum.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

You mentioned you were thinking of travelling to a European country. Should I presume that your sister was diagnosed in Europe or in your own country? Was the interferon she was using prescribed by a local doctor? What does he suggest now she is not using that medication?

Regards
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

CBD oil made from hemp is non narcotic, and totally legal in most places. It can be helpful for MS pain. Here is a link:
https://www.bluebird-botanicals.com/

Also, vitamin D3 and biotin (a B vitamin), have been found to be helpful for MS.

Return to “General Discussion”