my MRI

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
vilnietis
Family Member

my MRI

Post by vilnietis »

Hello,

I bought brain MRI. I have quite interesting history of my family. 20 years ago my mother was warned by a professor that all members should take vitamin D then she had problems with CNS inflammation. At that time, my mother didn't took words seriously. My grandfather has severe alzhaimer. Mother - depression.
I was diagnosed with RRMS on 2015-02, 30 years old. Looking at my brain MRI and symptoms, somehow I feel this should be PPMS.
Symptoms: Triparesis - the bottom (more on right leg) paraparesis, both hands paresis, ataxia. EDSS score – 3.5, 2.5 after treatment.
Current symptoms - weakness in both legs, numb right hand in the morning, cold arms and foots.
Here is MRI:
http://s280.photobucket.com/user/vilnie ... u.jpg.html
http://s280.photobucket.com/user/vilnie ... c.jpg.html

In the first picture, I see atrophy in frontal lobe and cerebellum. What do you think? Maybe you can compare and see some patterns with your initial MRIs?
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: my MRI

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

Can I caution you not to approach your MS this way. You will not get a proper interpretation of your MRI here.
Your question should not be about proving your condition is worse than the diagnosis, it should be about what to do about the diagnosis you have. There are many well written ideas on this forum. Look through them for things that fit your profile and read what people are doing successfully. Why spend a moment arguing about your diagnosis? Look for ideas that seems to work.

Regards,
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

vilnietis wrote:I was diagnosed with RRMS on 2015-02, 30 years old. Looking at my brain MRI and symptoms, somehow I feel this should be PPMS.
Where do you fit on the graph below? Note that PPMS is like SPMS, but without the RRMS period preceding it.

EricDrake
Family Member

Post by EricDrake »

vilnietis wrote: EDSS score – 3.5, 2.5 after treatment.
By treatment you mean steroids I guess, as far as I know they are not so effective in ppms/spms because there is less inflammation going on there so if it worked for you it might indicate rrms. Do you think it is ppms because you have no brain lesions?, I have heared about people with rrms and only spinal lesions and there are lot of ppms patients with brain lesions. Did your symptoms come from nothing more like an "attack" and then they got a bit better/stabilized or they are worsening slowly over time? Anyway Scott has a good point.

Return to “General Discussion”